• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I think turning Mexico into glass is about the most ridiculous idea you could come up with. Work with them not nuke them. The modern US cannot do well without them either so you seem to be taking the idea of send us to the toilet.

Negotiating with nations and diplomacy is also much better than taking them over. Negotiation doesn't mean getting screwed by them either since we would be heading them as the most powerful nation in the west.
Venezuela called.

We have enough crime in the US as it is. Any additional crime coming from people who shouldn’t even be in the country should not be tolerated.
Why not focus on cracking down on crime in the US as a whole that would in turn work on all groups right?

Who said about wire taps? I’m sure the government can get plenty of data from private companies who are willing to give it.
You said tracking phone calls. That’s wire tapping. Yes, and many laws have been passed across the country to inform people what information is being tracked and letting people opt out of it too.

While true that wasn’t the point. If we don’t deport just because they will come back or become more violent, then prosecuting petty crime is the same because they will just keep getting rearrested committing petty crime.
What was mentioned was closer to catch and release by police instead of incarceration. Justified jail sentences for crimes and penalties overall deter actual crime. There's only so much we can legally do with another nation's citizens, so removing them can happen, but it doesn't have the same effect as removal and some form of punishment or preventive measure that they cannot avoid for coming here against our system.

I think turning Mexico into glass is about the most ridiculous idea you could come up with. Work with them not nuke them. The modern US cannot do well without them either so you seem to be taking the idea of send us to the toilet.

Negotiating with nations and diplomacy is also much better than taking them over. Negotiation doesn't mean getting screwed by them either since we would be heading them as the most powerful nation in the west.

Nuking Mexico is absolutely hyperbole, but as is helping Mexico fight the cartels unless you put soldiers on the ground to fight.

Negotiations do nothing to actually make the people want to stay there. The fact is people are gonna come to the US from these nations regardless. You are not making Guatemala into the US to make them want to stay. Sure you probably can put your boot on a counties neck and say stop the flow or else. That would probably help until the images come out when they start shooting those crossing their border.

Democrats don't like Police. Remember BLM Defund the Police?
Many dems don’t that’s very true, and there have been many situations that have also caused that. So I don’t blame them, I do think there needs to be stronger police reforms

What was mentioned was closer to catch and release by police instead of incarceration. Justified jail sentences for crimes and penalties overall deter actual crime. There's only so much we can legally do with another nation's citizens, so removing them can happen, but it doesn't have the same effect as removal and some form of punishment or preventive measure that they cannot avoid for coming here against our system.

So basically we need a massive jail to stick them in for a year, then deport them.

As mentioned, they will return due to lack of resources. You cannot realistically deal with such a problem without resolving what is causing them to come here in the first place. It's illogical to think removing a criminal will keep them out when the gangs operate here for a reason. You can get them out three ways, make America go to the toilet so far their home country becomes more appealing, or make their home nation more appealing to stay in through diplomatic means, or making the distance so long that they must go that it isn't worth it anymore.
Many of these MAM's were released from prison to come here and your current administration knew it. Now we are paying the price for it

Could warrants not be fast tracked on those who are here illegally then?
I mean I can’t say for sure that they could even obtain one. They may have to prove that the person is presumed to be a threat and would have to have evidence

Nuking Mexico is absolutely hyperbole, but as is helping Mexico fight the cartels unless you put soldiers on the ground to fight.

Negotiations do nothing to actually make the people want to stay there. The fact is people are gonna come to the US from these nations regardless. You are not making Guatemala into the US to make them want to stay. Sure you probably can put your boot on a counties neck and say stop the flow or else. That would probably help until the images come out when they start shooting those crossing their border.
It would certainly be more effective than a waste of infrastructure that changes nothing that can be instead invested into fixing our own nation and making it greater.

I think you've been ignoring what I've been saying. We need to work with our neighbor nations and their governments to address why they're coming here, hold those nations accountable, and ensure there is a clear immigration system for those who want to come here for a better life, not criminals. Your suggestions will lead to only gangs coming across the border through even more unseen methods.

We can start with Mexico. They're basically a bridge. Maybe we can work with them and offer them support in cleaning the cartel out, or even those Central American nations with those issues. That'll reduce it by more substantial numbers at a lower cost than a wall and its maintenance will.
We should just send them billions more

Back