• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I strongly disagree. If someone handed the 14 year old the gun and said I want you to go shoot up the school. If someone took out a hit on the school, then yes, but if it was just a parent with guns in the house that the 14 year took without permission, then no charges should be filed against the parents.

Parents shouldn't be criminalized if their children commit crimes. Look at it another way. If the 14 year old grabbed a 12" kitchen knife from the house instead of a gun and stabbed and killed four people, would you still be charging the parents for "allowing" a 14 year old to have access to a deadly instrument?
I see where you are coming from and know that kids often sneak behind their parents backs to do things they shouldn't do but shouldn't parents have more safeguards in place to prevent children from doing things like this?

I see where you are coming from and know that kids often sneak behind their parents backs to do things they shouldn't do but shouldn't parents have more safeguards in place to prevent children from doing things like this?
Parents should also be involved with their kids' mental health status and aware of influences that may be steering them in the wrong direction. What options do parents have these days? Can you institutionalize your child if they have gender dysphoria? What about other mental disorders? What if you see them get in to Satanism? The usual remedies are drugs, pushed by doctors, that may well be amplifying the problems.

An AR-15 for public use is not an Assault Rifle. It's a semi-automatic weapon just like my S&W 40 cal hand gun. Guess what, my guns have never shot by themselves and they have never aimed at another human.

View attachment 150687

So Biden decided for political reasons to drain our Strategic Oil reserves. He thought it would lower pump prices to cover for his war in Ukraine a bit. Didn't really work. What really is upsetting is in 2017 Trump had a plan to sell half of our oil reserves as well.......and of all things guess what he wanted to do? Pay down our national debt. Of course he was met with all sorts of criticism. How does Biden administration just get a pass for draining it and us seeing no Value?

“DOE has been able to take advantage of windows of market stability to directly purchased a total of 43.25 million barrels of oil for the SPR for an average price of $77. This is nearly $20 per barrel lower than the $95 average sales price for 2022’s emergency sales, meeting the Administration’s commitment to secure a good deal for taxpayers.”

So sell high followed by buy low ($18 lower per barrel). That’s $778 million saved for taxpayers or $5 each. What’s wrong with that? It may sound small as it is but that does mean that selling it then and buying it back now was not a losing proposition.

Not sure if a bunch of distant second cousins that literally probably never met Tim Walz really count as family......

Walz’s sister, Sandy Dietrich, of Alliance, Nebraska, said she suspected it might be people from that branch of the family. Dietrich and Walz’s father, James Walz, died of lung cancer in 1984 when the future congressman and Minnesota governor was just a teenager. His father had been the school superintendent in Valentine, Nebraska.

“We weren’t close with them. We didn’t know them,” she said.

Not sure if a bunch of distant second cousins that literally probably never met Tim Walz really count as family......

Walz’s sister, Sandy Dietrich, of Alliance, Nebraska, said she suspected it might be people from that branch of the family. Dietrich and Walz’s father, James Walz, died of lung cancer in 1984 when the future congressman and Minnesota governor was just a teenager. His father had been the school superintendent in Valentine, Nebraska.

Its basic impact lag. We start seeing the effects in 2021 a year after the CARES Act got passed hit peak at 2 years and started seeing a decline in inflation after the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act and in 2024 we have leveled out.
View attachment 150685
US oil companies sell most of the oil produced in the US overseas since our refineries are not setup to process sweet crude and they dont want to spend money on new refineries when they can just export for a premium....again I find it funny that the GOP attacks Biden and now Harris on energy etc all while the US oil companies drill more oil and make more money than they ever have before.....
This is an accurate assessment

How about his brother? Asking for a friend

Back