• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Fyi: some of the injured where a result of fleeing. Several from Gunshots

Kamala should be framing a campaign push around this . She needs to be getting threads to make sure the people know who is shutting down the govt a month before the election.

I’m in favor of voter ID in all states. The Federal govt should issue a new standard voter ID to all registered voters for free. That way Dems won’t complain that that would make it harder for poor people and those who don’t have drivers licenses to vote. What do you think?

I’m in favor of voter ID in all states. The Federal govt should issue a new standard voter ID to all registered voters for free. That way Dems won’t complain that that would make it harder for poor people and those who don’t have drivers licenses to vote. What do you think?
Absolutely this. Send one to everybody with a registered SSN and are citizens. They’ll never do that though because it’s been proven that the more engagement with voters, one side suffers.

Edited to mention citizen status

Last edited:
Agree 100% as long as it's free for the ID.

Well. I went to school with shotguns in the racks of trucks , prayer in school. Also smoking area to beleive it or not. So to his point, its not Gun laws. Youve got more Gun laws than ever before. Gun free zone where this happened today. No metal detectors though.
We all hate this happened. We use to not have to take our shoes off at the airport and have our bags checked. Root cause is mans heart and mental health, bottom line in my opinion.

Last edited:
Absolutely this. Send one to everybody with a registered SSN. They’ll never do that though because it’s been proven that the more engagement with voters, one side suffers.
All green cards have soc sec #. Great idea, millions OF non citizens voting for our elected officials. While their still citizens of another country.

Well. I went to school with shotguns in the racks of trucks , prayer in school. Also smoking area to beleive it or not. So to his point, its not Gun laws. Youve got more Gun laws than ever before. Gun free zone where this happened today. No metal detectors though.
We all hate this happened. We use to not have to take our shoes off at the airport and have our bags checked. Root cause is mans heart and mental health, bottom line in my opinion.
Show me where morality is driven by religion because it’s pretty obvious it isn’t.

Im 100% down with this. Registered voters. Common sense solution, so dont hold your breathe.
Not in favor of Bull City idea for every one with soc sec #.

That’s why it happens as often as it does here in countries with tougher gun control measures.

Yall keep toting the water for the NRA though. The price is only the blood of children.

So many christians go to church to "worship" jesus but so many walk out-of church and forget to "follow" jesus.
I can honestly say the place we go to now(Duke University Chapel) is the most Christlike place I’ve ever attended. We are active in the community and take care of the least of these. We are also active in sheltering and taking care of migrants and those behind bars.

I have not agreed with you on many things in this thread, but I agree with all of this post. Something does need to be done about mental health these days. These school shootings were almost unheard of until the mid to late 90's. Something has changed for sure, and we need to find out what.

That’s why it happens as often as it does here in countries with tougher gun control measures.

Yall keep toting the water for the NRA though. The price is only the blood of children.
Are you in favor of ALL guns being taken off the street including for self defense and hunting?

I have not agreed with you on many things in this thread, but I agree with all of this post. Something does need to be done about mental health these days. These school shootings were almost unheard of until the mid to late 90's. Something has changed for sure, and we need to find out what.
Social media has caused quite a bit of mental health issues along with a growing number of parents not PARENTING their kids. A small minority of individuals are probably born with mis-firing neurons that lead to issues.

Back