• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

1000008816.png

So Biden decided for political reasons to drain our Strategic Oil reserves. He thought it would lower pump prices to cover for his war in Ukraine a bit. Didn't really work. What really is upsetting is in 2017 Trump had a plan to sell half of our oil reserves as well.......and of all things guess what he wanted to do? Pay down our national debt. Of course he was met with all sorts of criticism. How does Biden administration just get a pass for draining it and us seeing no Value?

Trump is smoked in NC, haven’t seen but one ad on the tv in the last 30 minutes for him but like 6 for Kamala. Idk . He smoked smoked

View attachment 150687

So Biden decided for political reasons to drain our Strategic Oil reserves. He thought it would lower pump prices to cover for his war in Ukraine a bit. Didn't really work. What really is upsetting is in 2017 Trump had a plan to sell half of our oil reserves as well.......and of all things guess what he wanted to do? Pay down our national debt. Of course he was met with all sorts of criticism. How does Biden administration just get a pass for draining it and us seeing no Value?
actually in the 2017 budget, it was mandated by congress to sell the oil reserve because we did not need it any longer as we were energy independent again (Which we still are). Have the SPR is a major expense keeping the facility in good condition to maintain the oil.

Trump is smoked in NC, haven’t seen but one ad on the tv in the last 30 minutes for him but like 6 for Kamala. Idk . He smoked smoked
She has a lot of money to burn and in NC the governors race is going to hurt Trump. I still believe he pulls it out in NC as rural NC is in love with that man.

actually in the 2017 budget, it was mandated by congress to sell the oil reserve because we did not need it any longer as we were energy independent again (Which we still are). Have the SPR is a major expense keeping the facility in good condition to maintain the oil.
Actually, that's pretty standard sidestepping of the point. That has nothing to due with Biden draining them in 2021 for his own reasons and the SPR release was to be 25 million barrels over 3 years ending in 2020. The chart above tells the real story. Some of those sales were to fund modernization efforts.

Actually, that's pretty standard sidestepping of the point. That has nothing to due with Biden draining them in 2021 for his own reasons and the SPR release was to be 25 million barrels over 3 years ending in 2020. The chart above tells the real story. Some of those sales were to fund modernization efforts.
I'm not side stepping anything. I'm just telling you we don't need it anymore. Worst case we go to war, the president can ban the export of crude oil. I would rather the money go to pay down debt (Which Washington has zero appetite to do)

The US isn’t relying on foreign oil only. It just had record high crude oil production in 2023 of 12.9 million barrels per day. That isn’t just the record high for the U.S. It is actually the record high for all countries! “Drill, baby drill” has already been occurring.

So demand is higher than production can handle? With the increase of EVs and hybrid roles for workers it seems it would be lower. Also, not to mention unemployment so many do not drive.

Last edited:
So demand is higher than production can handle? With the increase of EVs and hybrid roles for workers it seems it would be lower. Also, not to mention unemployment so many do not drive due to no job to drive to.

I don’t know. I’m just responding to your comment about the US relying on foreign oil only, which clearly isn’t true.

Again what would you have Biden do? What exactly do you think a appropriate profit margin is?
I'm not an economist or would know grocery profit margins to answer that. It's pretty sad anyone in his position wouldn't look for solutions.

That is not enough in the grand scheme of things when you compare the $1.75 per gallon prices before Biden. Why do we rely on foreign oil only?
The United States produces so much oil we export nearly 10 million barrels a year. That is more than we import. What are you talking about?

Kamala should be framing a campaign push around this . She needs to be getting threads to make sure the people know who is shutting down the govt a month before the election.

The United States produces so much oil we export nearly 10 million barrels a year. That is more than we import. What are you talking about?
Larry already pointed that out earlier. Why is the price still elevated?

Back