• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Think of the best, most competent leaders you know personally. Probably most of them would be better. I certainly know a few. However I live in Alabama, and its not happening for them in a two party system. If we had ranked choice voting, it could be possible. We could only get a modern Democrat senator a few years ago because he was running against a (widely known) pedophile.
If we couldn't get ranked choice voting, opening the primaries would be the next best thing. In SC R primary candidates are chosen by which Evangelical denomination is hemorrhaging the least amount of pew warmers and in D primaries there's so little participation it becomes a random outcome generator. Every voter should be able to vote in the primaries and we wouldn't get so many far left/far right candidates in general elections.

This is where things get murky.

I'm in a state that will always vote red. There is nothing my vote does that changes the outcome of a presidential election.
Yeah, votes for President really mean nothing in most states although Trump put more in play in 2016.

This is where things get murky.

I'm in a state that will always vote red. There is nothing my vote does that changes the outcome of a presidential election.
Why do I have the feeling it'll be blue in the next 60 years due to people buying cheap land and California will somehow be red after completely destroying itself? I mean GA turned blue last election and Florida went Red, the whole SE can just flip over time to whatever. Who really knows how people will move.

Why do I have the feeling it'll be blue in the next 60 years due to people buying cheap land and California will somehow be red after completely destroying itself? I mean GA turned blue last election and Florida went Red, the whole SE can just flip over time to whatever. Who really knows how people will move.
We used to be blue.
Thankfully I'll be dead and gone by that day 😂

One day. Not soon. I know America isn’t ready for it. But believe me, I do believe. There should be political action to reduce the number of churches, graves and monuments. Land is limited and housing is needed. Some of these 1800 year old grave sites got to go. Too many exempt churches. Take them out of cities or propose limits.
If we build taller than your bird nest is way up there I think we will make better land usage by going vertical unless you love selecting 500k tasteless box Control C control V ans repeating with walmart and McDonald's all over the US.

We used to be blue.
Thankfully I'll be dead and gone by that day 😂
It was blue at many levels back in the 80's, but we had good people in Congress like Ernest Hollings and from our Congressional district, Liz Patterson. Without them GSP would not have its NWS office.

You assume in 60 years the D party would be "progressive" and the R party would be "conservative." Having seen it from the inside the parties largely exist on inertia. They really aren't this monastery of pure political partisanship some envision. The parties exist to elect party members. Where their political positions fall is largely flexible when it comes down to it.

One day. Not soon. I know America isn’t ready for it. But believe me, I do believe. There should be political action to reduce the number of churches, graves and monuments. Land is limited and housing is needed. Some of these 1800 year old grave sites got to go. Too many exempt churches. Take them out of cities or propose limits.
I love you

Close the border and keep the churches, graves and monuments.

Militarizing the border would be impractical and probably impossible. That doesn't even touch on the legal issues and foreign policy implications. It's very difficult to un-cross that rubicon of having military posted on our borders. That's old world stuff.
Impractical, why? Foreign policy implications? Against who, and who cares? Old world stuff? We have 20-30 million people that have come in our country illegally in the past 3-4 years. I don’t want to hear another single complaint about wages from the left ever again.

Never mind Timmy tampon is shaking his wife's hand. WTH is Kamalas husband doing before he hugs her? He looks like he is getting pumped up to go in the boxing ring. These people can't be real. 👀👀

Never mind Timmy tampon is shaking his wife's hand. WTH is Kamalas husband doing before he hugs her? He looks like he is getting pumped up to go in the boxing ring. These people can't be real. 👀👀

He american pie'd that one

I just can't understand how some don't see both sides.. watchem body language says tremendous things. Look at the Uk that's where it's heading

Impractical, why? Foreign policy implications? Against who, and who cares? Old world stuff? We have 20-30 million people that have come in our country illegally in the past 3-4 years. I don’t want to hear another single complaint about wages from the left ever again.
Militarizing the border implies not just a thin line at the physical demarcation. It's an entire apparatus extending well inland for well over 1500 miles of border that's "easy" to cross. This has been theorized enough times in recent history to see it's an idea like a block of swiss cheese. It simply does not work. Again not even touching the legality of such a thing.

It should be self-explanatory that arming a previously peaceful border will compel the other side to do the same. Once you open that Pandora's Box it impacts everything downstream. Mexico has been our #1 trading partner for a few years now supplanting China. Everything from agricultural products to Chevy trucks come across that border every day to the tune of Billions of Dollars.

As I've said many times before we can't have good political discussion without working from the same set of facts. To say that 20-30 million people have entered the country in the past 3-4 years is a falsehood. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (leans R) puts the entire unlawful immigrant population at just under 17 million. This includes those who have been here for decades. Note below that the increase follows nearly the same trajectory for the Trump years as it does for Biden when you exclude the Covid emergency measures in between. The fact is these people come because they believe wrightly or wrongly they'll find a job. Until employers in this country are held accountable for employing illegal labor and their home countries aren't so much of a *insert infamous Trump phrase* they aren't going to stop coming. Take a look at the occupational makeup of your State Legislature and it becomes crystal clear why nothing is done even at a state level.

1723001143659.png

Militarizing the border implies not just a thin line at the physical demarcation. It's an entire apparatus extending well inland for well over 1500 miles of border that's "easy" to cross. This has been theorized enough times in recent history to see it's an idea like a block of swiss cheese. It simply does not work. Again not even touching the legality of such a thing.

It should be self-explanatory that arming a previously peaceful border will compel the other side to do the same. Once you open that Pandora's Box it impacts everything downstream. Mexico has been our #1 trading partner for a few years now supplanting China. Everything from agricultural products to Chevy trucks come across that border every day to the tune of Billions of Dollars.

As I've said many times before we can't have good political discussion without working from the same set of facts. To say that 20-30 million people have entered the country in the past 3-4 years is a falsehood. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (leans R) puts the entire unlawful immigrant population at just under 17 million. This includes those who have been here for decades. Note below that the increase follows nearly the same trajectory for the Trump years as it does for Biden when you exclude the Covid emergency measures in between. The fact is these people come because they believe wrightly or wrongly they'll find a job. Until employers in this country are held accountable for employing illegal labor and their home countries aren't so much of a *insert infamous Trump phrase* they aren't going to stop coming. Take a look at the occupational makeup of your State Legislature and it becomes crystal clear why nothing is done even at a state level.

View attachment 149599
I'm not a very smart man. But I do have common sense have traveled somewhat. I would be willing to put money on 30 million plus

Back