• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Hezbollah launched 30 rockets into Israel today. All intercepted. If that's all they have. how embarrassing for the organization.
The could cause a lot of trouble in Tel Aviv with the amount of PGMs they have. They’re also smart enough to not waste them so we’ll see. Status quo is a powerful motivator.

Yeah, there realistically shouldn't be a problem with something like the 1994 rule being revived, but I know what forum I'm on. "shrug"

Personally, I don't see much use in guns though outside of to hunt (which I've never experienced) or maybe for self-defense. Wouldn't find any interest in being in a club or getting collector type guns.
I bring it up when the situation is appropriate all the time. A lot of folks believe the current trajectory of firearm availability is never going to reverse. Much like those that thought zero-interest rate policies would never end I can promise it will.

It’s worth noting especially for those on the other side of the debate that no court in the history of this country has ruled there cannot be any restrictions on firearm ownership or use. I would personally argue handguns are more of an issue than AR pattern rifles but those aren’t going anywhere because too many people believe they need one for protection and you can’t conceal a rifle. ARs and their derivatives are going to be the scapegoat because they’re scary.

Very much doubt that. The pendulum is already swinging back the other way so I’d at least look to see a revival and modernization of the Assault Weapons Ban. Don’t see much more than that coming out of committee.

Instead of the NRA hollering as before you’d see it coming from private equity firms. Billions and billions of Dollars were dumped into firearm and accessory manufacturing post AWB and especially since 2012-ish. It’s worth remembering for the older folks on this board, those of us roughly under 45 have grown up with a very different relationship with firearms in a broad sense. The post-Columbine generation is a real thing and even though you’ll see many younger people owning guns, they occupy a different cultural space than they do for GenX and the boomers.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them try another assault weapons ban, enforcing it would be a tall task though.

The relationship between those under 45 and guns is also highly location dependent.

Great news today:

US and Russia complete biggest prisoner swap in post-Soviet history, freeing Gershkovich and Whelan

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States and Russia completed their biggest prisoner swap in post-Soviet history on Thursday, with Moscow releasing journalist Evan Gershkovich and fellow American Paul Whelan, along with dissidents including Vladimir Kara-Murza, in a multinational deal that set two dozen people free.

What's weird is that every single one of them are saying weird. Like schoolgirls at a slumber party. The left is like mean girls. Mind manipulation at its finest but in the most childish kind of way.. But some still don't know how it's done and fall for it.

Yeah, there realistically shouldn't be a problem with something like the 1994 rule being revived, but I know what forum I'm on. "shrug"

Personally, I don't see much use in guns though outside of to hunt (which I've never experienced) or maybe for self-defense. Wouldn't find any interest in being in a club or getting collector type guns.
Maybe self defense? Just maybe?

They don’t have the stomach for what would happen with confiscation.

I don’t think it even would get that far. GOP DAs would just ignore the law(even if it just for votes) as would local enforcement. The democrat run cities pretty much wrote the script with how they handled Sanctuary cities.

What's weird is that every single one of them are saying weird. Like schoolgirls at a slumber party. The left is like mean girls. Mind manipulation at its finest but in the most childish kind of way.. But some still don't know how it's done and fall for it.

Some people here think Biden was just fine and that Trump was the one either dementia. That's weird.

I don’t think it even would get that far. GOP DAs would just ignore the law(even if it just for votes) as would local enforcement. The democrat run cities pretty much wrote the script with how they handled Sanctuary cities.
The FBI and ATF would enforce it though. Maybe even the national guard.

Great news today:

US and Russia complete biggest prisoner swap in post-Soviet history, freeing Gershkovich and Whelan

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States and Russia completed their biggest prisoner swap in post-Soviet history on Thursday, with Moscow releasing journalist Evan Gershkovich and fellow American Paul Whelan, along with dissidents including Vladimir Kara-Murza, in a multinational deal that set two dozen people free.

That was one of the people that Trump promised would only be released after he won, and that only he would be able to get freedom for this person......he is super butt hurt about it today.

Some people here think Biden was just fine and that Trump was the one either dementia. That's weird.

Anyone that thinks that Trump is not suffering from cognitive decline is nuts....its obvious. As bad as he is now imagine how he will be in 4 yrs when he is 83 years old.....what happened at the conference yesterday when Trump totally screwed the pooch is exactly why you will not see him debate Harris she would absolutely crush him.....hell Trump could not even not screw up when he was on Ingraham being led by the hand into the easiest questions ever.

Great news today:

Funny when Biden responded to Trump saying he could have released them without the swap then Biden asked why didn’t you do it when you were president? That’s weird lol

Vance had sex with a damn couch you can’t tell me that ain’t weird

Back