• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Zero chance
You are right unless they can make changes at the Supreme Court, but If Harris wins and they get all of Congress all bets are off. They will have to end the filibuster 1st and if they do not pull that off nothing really changes, but if they are successful in ending it everything is on the table.

I think Harris gets the White House, but the Republicans take the Senate, so nothing really changes, but it is a long time to November.

Wrong, IF they get both houses of Congress and change the Court. Someone would certainly bring a case to them if the liberals had a 9-6 edge on the Court knowing how they would rule. So, it would be goodbye guns without Congress having to outlaw them.
They can't change the Supreme Court dude

This country is over if she does that

It'll never get past the courts imo
Very much doubt that. The pendulum is already swinging back the other way so I’d at least look to see a revival and modernization of the Assault Weapons Ban. Don’t see much more than that coming out of committee.

Instead of the NRA hollering as before you’d see it coming from private equity firms. Billions and billions of Dollars were dumped into firearm and accessory manufacturing post AWB and especially since 2012-ish. It’s worth remembering for the older folks on this board, those of us roughly under 45 have grown up with a very different relationship with firearms in a broad sense. The post-Columbine generation is a real thing and even though you’ll see many younger people owning guns, they occupy a different cultural space than they do for GenX and the boomers.

Very much doubt that. The pendulum is already swinging back the other way so I’d at least look to see a revival and modernization of the Assault Weapons Ban. Don’t see much more than that coming out of committee.

Instead of the NRA hollering as before you’d see it coming from private equity firms. Billions and billions of Dollars were dumped into firearm and accessory manufacturing post AWB and especially since 2012-ish. It’s worth remembering for the older folks on this board, those of us roughly under 45 have grown up with a very different relationship with firearms in a broad sense. The post-Columbine generation is a real thing and even though you’ll see many younger people owning guns, they occupy a different cultural space than they do for GenX and the boomers.

Yeah, there realistically shouldn't be a problem with something like the 1994 rule being revived, but I know what forum I'm on. "shrug"

Personally, I don't see much use in guns though outside of to hunt (which I've never experienced) or maybe for self-defense. Wouldn't find any interest in being in a club or getting collector type guns.

Told y’all the day it happened that he’d be a drag on the R ticket. VPs typically don’t matter much for winning over voters but you don’t want him or her actually hurting the ticket. He was clearly not well vetted.

Back