• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Come on, you know Youngkin would have added to the ticket. Vance in one stroke undoes everything that has happened the last few weeks and now all the focus is going to be on vance's views on women, medicare, social security, and 2025, and yes abortion the dems best issue.
You could make a legitimate case that he could have made a better pick (understanding that "better" is a subjective term, unless you're measuring something specific). But in the end, it's not going to matter. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing and commenting and opining over the next couple of weeks. But it will all fade away and the focus will turn back on the Biden campaign as he continues to deteriorate. Just watch.

He "changed" his mind because he saw that trumps endorsement would get him the OHIO senate nomination in a crowded field
I rem when everybody was laughing because Trump's endorsement kept causing candidates to lose.

I love how Trump makes every single thing equal to its opposite depending, on the time of day, the topic, and who's doing the talking :D :D :D

Here come the soros funded Moonbats. Glad no changes where made to security by SS for RNC convention.

View attachment 148543
Yeap. Signs with Trump with X's on his eyes and other gory signs. So as we talk about the attempted assassination Saturday, we have this going on this week. One reporter has gotten water thrown on him so far but that's it.

He "changed" his mind because he saw that trumps endorsement would get him the OHIO senate nomination in a crowded field
I don’t doubt that, but he’s got to go around and try to make the case otherwise. I’ll listen since I consider myself one of those strange “swing voters.”

I always try to encourage people to debate the policies not the person. If we get too caught up in the populism we wind up with bad policy. Good policy can survive a wave of populism and come out the other side.

I don’t doubt that, but he’s got to go around and try to make the case otherwise. I’ll listen since I consider myself one of those strange “swing voters.”

I always try to encourage people to debate the policies not the person. If we get too caught up in the populism we wind up with bad policy. Good policy can survive a wave of populism and come out the other side.
Here is another example of policy. My biggest gripe about trump was his totalitarian lockdowns during corona. Here we have Vance saying thousands of nurses should be fired if they werent vaccinated when the shots did little if any good.

I cant support someone who advocated this

1721076461171.png

And to make 1 long post

Last edited:
I rem when everybody was laughing because Trump's endorsement kept causing candidates to lose.

I love how Trump makes every single thing equal to its opposite depending, on the time of day, the topic, and who's doing the talking :D :D :D
It's an enigma.

Here is another example of policy. My biggest gripe about trump was his totalitarian lockdowns during corona. Here we have Vance saying thousands of nurses should be fired if they werent vaccinated when the shots did little if any good.

I cant support someone who advocated this

View attachment 148549
That was obviously a sarcastic tweet aimed at the policies democrats were trying to implement at the time. I hope you don’t think he was wanting nurses to be fired.

Nikki Haley or Youngkin were the only sane choices for VP....choices that might actually have made swing voters swing Trumps way. Vance is a terrible pick, its exactly what women voters wanted :rolleyes:

Trump picked Vance because he desperately needs to win Ohio to have any chance of being president.

That was obviously a sarcastic tweet aimed at the policies democrats were trying to implement at the time. I hope you don’t think he was wanting nurses to be fired.

It was not sarcastic, he meant it, he also meant it when he said Trump sucked, and that he was a never Trumper, hell he even voted for Hillary in 2016. He only started liking Trump when he saw how kissing his ass would get him elected....I doubt Vance has any real convictions on anything, he says what he needs to say to get folks to support him, in that aspect he is perfect for Trump's running mate.

It was not sarcastic, he meant it, he also meant it when he said Trump sucked, and that he was a never Trumper, hell he even voted for Hillary in 2016. He only started liking Trump when he saw how kissing his ass would get him elected....I doubt Vance has any real convictions on anything, he says what he needs to say to get folks to support him, in that aspect he is perfect for Trump's running mate.
Na that was very obviously sarcasm.

Politicians are by default opportunistic and we all know that. Usually there’s something they care about though and for Vance that has seemed to be creating opportunities for disadvantaged kids like himself. I’ll be curious what he says about how that should be done at a federal level. If it involves more taxpayer money to subsidize private schools I think it’s a miss.

You live in a dreamworld to think Trump has this locked up

I don’t necessarily believe he has it locked up, but it’s about as locked up as it could theoretically get. I mean for goodness sakes the Dems were fighting each other all last week to try to force the sitting President and current nominee to step down with threats from other liberals about cutting off funding for the campaign. The media who wouldn’t touch Joe for years were attacking him with everything they had. If you are to that point, you believe Trump has it locked up as it currently sits and that is before the GOP nominee was almost killed.

Na that was very obviously sarcasm.

Politicians are by default opportunistic and we all know that. Usually there’s something they care about though and for Vance that has seemed to be creating opportunities for disadvantaged kids like himself. I’ll be curious what he says about how that should be done at a federal level. If it involves more taxpayer money to subsidize private schools I think it’s a miss.
This is the same thing that happens with Trump all the time. People love progressivism so much, everything he says gets twisted on purpose. He obviously doesn't help himself and he often says things in a way that would be better said another way. But there has been a lot of lying when it comes to talking about Trump since 2016.

So what's the current odds on Biden being on the ticket come November? Looks about 50/50 to me with the piling on for him to drop out still growing.

Vance is like Trump, a fairly populist guy, but he is far more articulate than Trump, and smart as hell. He is a pretty effective public speaker too. Gotcha type questions are not going to work well with him either.

Trump can let him be the attack dog this time around.

Back