• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

The players are certainly there. Temps are a bit problematic for Chicagoland verbatim though a tick colder than 06z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any changes?

Models definitely not as good today but I think its too early to tell. I have seen other mets talking about winter weather now but we'll have to see where things stand after the weekend. Tbh I'm still waiting to see if it really rains Sunday and Monday. Tulsa hasn't measured rain all month and yeah it could easily just be dry cold again

The only thing that's clear is it should turn much colder after Thanksgiving at least for a couple days. Will it be like Halloween and just really cold or something more remains to be seen

Last edited:
This event warming up rapidly. We could be N to AN by the next few runs

Only slight differences in the Euro and GFSF48C7031-7119-4EC1-8AD5-A390EA0AD0C4.pngFC9C1126-6429-4991-A1C7-C333329F4E28.png

It usually gives us our only hope when the other models don't show anything but typically it's good with shallow arctic air and ice storms

I mean I'm not saying it's right but it does show there's still a lot of possibilities for next weekend. The euro and GFS have had some massive fails even closer in time than this before. Still way too early to draw any conclusions. Arctic air is notoriously a struggle

Yeah I'm not holding my breath and fully expecting dry cold but there's definitely at least a chance of something else

First rain in 19 days today! Drought begets drought! ?
This winter is toast! Probably followed by flooding early summer, like 93’

Some run to run consistency giving northern Illinois a low accumulation event this weekend. Will be nice before spending a good chunk of December AN…which will also be nice.

First rain in 19 days today! Drought begets drought! ?
This winter is toast! Probably followed by flooding early summer, like 93’

Yeah I miss when El Nino was wet and stormy here.... Tulsa sitting at barely a quarter of inch of rain in what is supposed to be one of our wettest months

It's gonna take a heck of a flip to make this winter good here

I’m Thankful for the LR NAM ??AC004BC7-68B8-4E35-AD79-2A5F3A0CEC95.png43FD5B7D-6DBA-4FC1-9965-54B91C1CD537.png

Back