• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

This reminds me of 2015 which ironically was the last big El Nino and had historic flooding in Texas back thenView attachment 135144

I agree. This is looking like May 2015. Over the next 24 hours, there's potential for major flooding as the line in S. TX slows down, and SE flow from the Gulf enhances moisture along the vorticites that lift up along the boundary that stalls and backs-up over S. Central TXs throughout the weekend. This may be the first of many rainfall events for Southern Texas. The catastrophic flooding seen in May 2015 was the result of a similar complex that followed other ground-saturating rainfall events.

Here is the May 2015 Event.

Happy Mother’s Day! ??6B4DA31F-0C99-4C37-81F5-3D2144BB5565.png

Kinda funny that Seattle is under a Heat Advisory with temps in the mid to upper 80s and dewpoints in the 50s. How would those folks handle a southern summer ?

I read this and was like no way this is right.....but it is......it was worse here back in Feb lol.....can you imagine them throwing a heat advisory here for that.....I mean their heat index is actually lower than the air temp right now...I wonder what their criteria is.

Kinda funny that Seattle is under a Heat Advisory with temps in the mid to upper 80s and dewpoints in the 50s. How would those folks handle a southern summer ?
Yeah that is funny. Upper 80s with dews in the 50s around here from late May to early September is considered a relief from the heat day. Also it’s definitely not class to that rediculous heat wave they had a couple years ago when most of the Pacific NW set their all time record highs.

The 7 day total rainfall at DFW (since 5/6) was a whopping 0.63"

Last edited:
Many in Seattle don't have central AC. It's kinda like how southern FL freaks out when it gets cold because they don't have central heating.

Many in Seattle don't have central AC. It's kinda like how southern FL freaks out when it gets cold because they don't have central heating.
We getting that +pna ridging on west coast now, but will we see it in winter? Imo, we screwed blued and tattooed if we aren't able to develop that for this winter. I'm already thinking ahead ?. I must admit I'm not too enthusiastic about a big niño

We getting that +pna ridging on west coast now, but will we see it in winter? Imo, we screwed blued and tattooed if we aren't able to develop that for this winter. I'm already thinking ahead ?. I must admit I'm not too enthusiastic about a big niño
Being that we’re going into an El Niño, the +PNA shouldn’t be too difficult to come by… the problem is that because we’re going into an El Niño there might not be much cold air for it to tap into

Being that we’re going into an El Niño, the +PNA shouldn’t be too difficult to come by… the problem is that because we’re going into an El Niño there might not be much cold air for it to tap into
Yep, lots of dreary , cloudy, cool days down there in a Nino, but hardly ever cold enough to snow!

1.47” of rain today, stuff NE breeze 20-35 mph
Currently 51. Was 59 at 8 AMACCACF58-4E46-4E73-A82D-ECCCA25D1910.png

The last big Nino when I was in Dallas the highlight of the winter was a killer tornado the day after Christmas ? granted many years it never really snowed in Dallas anyway but still. For every February 2021 there was countless winters it was hard to even get a flizzard

I mean I do think it can't get much worse than this last winter though. Literally besides the week at Christmas and the end of January I feel like nothing happened

Back