• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Outside of the SE thread

Definitely a lot of chilly rains in El Niño around here, however El Niño winters do average more snowfall than neutral ENSO or La Niña.
I was just looking at climo for winter and Ninos up here about a month ago, it looks like the 20 year average is warmer and dryer! But since enso doesn’t act like what’s actually going on, like the Nina’s acting like a Nino two winters ago, I guess it’s anybodys guess! I’ve been up here 3 winters and have had 3 Nina’s. So I’m interested to see how this winter upcoming turns out

I was just looking at climo for winter and Ninos up here about a month ago, it looks like the 20 year average is warmer and dryer! But since enso doesn’t act like what’s actually going on, like the Nina’s acting like a Nino two winters ago, I guess it’s anybodys guess! I’ve been up here 3 winters and have had 3 Nina’s. So I’m interested to see how this winter upcoming turns out
Yes, the upper Midwest tends to be dryer and milder than average during Niños. It can be difficult during El Niño to tap into Arctic air and much of the moisture misses you as the STJ is very active. Interestingly as much as at times the last 3 years, the Niña didn’t seem to act like one, if you look at the predominant storm track that we saw during the winters, it was in line with Niña climo, yet most of the southeast never had an extended drought. I really believe the above average SSTs contributed to that and just helped make more moisture available than what typical La Niña brings.

Welp looks like this is my thread going forward…relocating to Naperville, Illinois. We might be the only family moving from Atlanta burbs to Chicago burbs.?

It’s to be closer to the wife’s family. This Florida boy is gonna have an adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp looks like this is my thread going forward…relocating to Naperville, Illinois. We might be the only family moving from Atlanta burbs to Chicago burbs.?

It’s to be closer to the wife’s family. This Florida boy is gonna have an adjustment.

I’m so sorry, we wish you a safe journey and a speedy return South. Praying for y’all!

Winters are gonna be fun...

Sorry to hear about that.

RIP

No rain the next 10 days and DP’s gonna be in the 20s and 30s tomorrow through the weekend! My poor tomato plants!

Overachieving today, as the convective debris has finally relented. DFW is currently at 90*F

May God have mercy on your soul....lol

Welcome! HMU when you get settled! ?

You will love winter! I hope your on the NW side of Chitown, or there will still be pain! ??

Back