• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

I am not on board by any means, and I've barely looked at anything, but don't let those ULL systems fool you. It fooled us all around here back in 2014. They can pack a punch.

We grasps a hold of ULL around the Carolinas. Honestly, that’s all we ever get here anymore. We haven’t had a real Miller A in a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive lived in south Charlotte from 1995-2001, 2012-2020. Don't think I've ever seen half an inch of snow in December. I've surrendered until January already

Ive lived in south Charlotte from 1995-2001, 2012-2020. Don't think I've ever seen half an inch of snow in December. I've surrendered until January already
What ? Even parts of GA saw a foot of snow in Dec 2017 and you haven't seen 1/2" ? I have seen more than 1/2" in Dec several times including 1997, 2000, 2010, 2017.

What ? Even parts of GA saw a foot of snow in Dec 2017 and you haven't seen 1/2" ? I have seen more than 1/2" in Dec several times including 1997, 2000, 2010, 2017.
Looks like I was wrong. Had this one inch monster in 97. Side note, after looking at Webb's maps, the 90s sucked.
december_29-31_1997_snowmap_nc.png

Looks like I was wrong. Had this one inch monster in 97. Side note, after looking at Webb's maps, the 90s sucked.
View attachment 52733
December 2000 was a very snowy month in parts of the South. You don't remember getting any snow then ? I remember watching the Independence Bowl that year in Shreveport and the snow was pouring down.

I remember this one. Ended as big slow falling fatties. Feel like we had a couple of rain to snow events that winter
We had a couple inches in GA from that storm. The rest of winter was extremely wet and mild.

December 2000 was a very snowy month in parts of the South. You don't remember getting any snow then ? I remember watching the Independence Bowl that year in Shreveport and the snow was pouring down.
That is what of my favorite winter periods of al time. Got a dusting in November and another in early December. Then 3.5 mid month with an inch of sleet a few days later. I was sledding for a solid 3 weeks down the side yard and then more on New Years.

That is what of my favorite winter periods of al time. Got a dusting in November and another in early December. Then 3.5 mid month with an inch of sleet a few days later. I was sledding for a solid 3 weeks down the side yard and then more on New Years.
I think some areas north of Atlanta still had snow on the ground Christmas Day

Back