• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Icon Temperatures run way too warm at the surface and this would be a substantial ice storm for the upstate and Piedmont of NC. That is not heavy precip and would accru quite easily on things.
Yeah icon is usually toasty at the surface. Need the NAM to get into range to get the specs on this one. Does look like those west of 77 need to keep an eye on this one.

Yeah icon is usually toasty at the surface. Need the NAM to get into range to get the specs on this one. Does look like those west of 77 need to keep an eye on this one.
Mby is at 36 degrees which would likely put it really at 30-32 degrees with lite precip (around .1-.15 per hour) for several hours would create a pretty large ICE Storm. Couple with the fact that these things tend to trend colder as time gets closer. I say we are now tracking the threat (a likely one at that) for a major ice storm in the Carolinas.

Notice how the trough which ends up becoming our confluence keeps trending further south, probably gonna be another gefs run with some icy members if the gfs doesn’t serve up DE19F979-393D-448F-875A-17B665FFA092.gif

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and he can be an ass at times (more often than not) but I stopped by DT’s Facebook page (WxRisk) and perused it a bit. I don’t have Facebook so obviously he has an open account, but I found this article he wrote and posted about the La Niña weakening.

In short, none of this crap he is saying actually matters

Back