• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Hi, good morning. Over the last few days I have noticed more and more posts bring placed an into the incorrect threads. I myself have been guilty of doing the same especially during exciting or disappointing times. Just wanted to send a friendly reminder that each thread has a purpose and to remember to post thngs in the correct location. We are going to step up moderation slightly mainly by moving posts to the correct thread.

Thanks

Hi, good morning. Over the last few days I have noticed more and more posts bring placed an into the incorrect threads. I myself have been guilty of doing the same especially during exciting or disappointing times. Just wanted to send a friendly reminder that each thread has a purpose and to remember to post thngs in the correct location. We are going to step up moderation slightly mainly by moving posts to the correct thread.

Thanks
You ready to release the Kraken? I'm ready to clean up the main discussion thread. It's go time!

NWS Blacksburg: Impactful winter weather possible next week. All options on the table with snow, wintery mix and rain based on final track. Confidence is LOW.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and he can be an ass at times (more often than not) but I stopped by DT’s Facebook page (WxRisk) and perused it a bit. I don’t have Facebook so obviously he has an open account, but I found this article he wrote and posted about the La Niña weakening.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and he can be an ass at times (more often than not) but I stopped by DT’s Facebook page (WxRisk) and perused it a bit. I don’t have Facebook so obviously he has an open account, but I found this article he wrote and posted about the La Niña weakening.

it going take little time to feel the effects of a declining la nina. dont happen over nite

Anyone think this -NAO will be persistent enough to last through winter? Over the last 10 years it hasn’t even shown up so it’s nice to see in December.
Be nice. Remember as Gawx has laid out and I preach my ownself along with others. We need a + pna more than a -NAO. Even with -NAO, the SE still requires some help from the pacific. The MA,NE can survive off the -NAO alone. We require some degree of cooperation from the pacific to deliver cold air, which is always our biggest hurdle. The NAO being negative benefits us by blocking the cold air in here, not letting it come in an out so fast.

Be nice. Remember as Gawx has laid out and I preach my ownself along with others. We need a + pna more than a -NAO. Even with -NAO, the SE still requires some help from the pacific. The MA,NE can survive off the -NAO alone. We require some degree of cooperation from the pacific to deliver cold air, which is always our biggest hurdle. The NAO being negative benefits us by blocking the cold air in here, not letting it come in an out so fast.
yeah it keeps the pattern from becoming more progressive if we can sustain a negative nao

yeah it keeps the pattern from becoming more progressive if we can sustain a negative nao
My pre season thoughts is this winter was gonna be Fail big time. But seeing some signs its not only salvageable, but could turn out 180 degrees opposite the crapper it was destined for. Fingers crossed we pull rabbits/ roll 7s and end up in Glory when all is said an done. Theres hope,but still low confidence this happens as of right now. How fitting,think it was last year or the season before. We thought we had the holy grail of TC's lined up rolling through Nov and into Dec. We got 90 days of egg in the face. This year the outlook was a putrid as it gets. I fully expected wide spread fail from start to finish. But reality of whats occured so far and looking ahead in model world, it actually doesnt look to shabby at all. Course it can change on a dime for better or worse. But so far im liking the hand weve been dealt,much better than I envisioned at this point an time.

Back