• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

When the Pacific jet finally decides to relax/retract & the strong planetary-scale trough retrogrades from the Gulf of Alaska, that'll be when it gets legitimately cold in the east-central CONUS as the amount of cross-polar flow will start to increase into N America & heights begin to rise over NW N America w/ the mean trough pulling back towards the Aleutians.

We're still on track to see this occur sometime in early Nov. Hard to get into too much detail this far out, but the overall planetary-scale wave behavior is pointing towards an anomalously cooler stretch of weather along/east of the Rockies after Halloween.

I’m glad you said it cause I woulda got the weenies ??‍♂️

Don’t even LIE WEBB I know you see this blocking and your NC weather vibes are tingling! Come back! This is bad news bears for the SW
If we keep retrograding I’ll get slammed ?. Plus my snow climo in NM peaks near Christmas and into early Jan instead of late January/early Feb like NC, slightly better chance of snow in Nov here

Back