• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Guess it could be worse but the SPV is similar to 2011 View attachment 93102View attachment 93103
Actually it doesn't get any worse than that for my area at least. Only year on record that didn't even get a sleet pellet. Charlotte got a trace so I guess that could technically do worse. But even if a winter as bad as that one repeats at 500mb I suppose we could still sneak in a storm since no two winters are identical.

Man that’s impressive ICON has highs in the mid 80s early next week and lows in the upper 60s/low 70s, pretty unusual for October, that’s 20-30 degrees AN at night for some areas 10D7CC4B-0710-479E-A473-5A72D2FB2D7E.png16C49E65-D0C2-4590-A44C-4BD7633CA17A.png777873F2-B4DD-49D5-B167-1CD29D8D244C.png

The cooler air behind it showing up on ensembles is basically average to -5F. Gotta love pacific fronts/troughs. WeaksauceView attachment 93128View attachment 93129
It's still cooler, this isn't Dec, Jan or Feb.... not sure what the expectation is for this time of the year. Is it above average, yes, is it down right warm yes, but you're not gonna get true arctic fronts rn with massive subfreezing temps. Heck average to a degree or two below is perfect walking weather, I've heard

It's still cooler, this isn't Dec, Jan or Feb.... not sure what the expectation is for this time of the year. Is it above average, yes, is it down right warm yes, but you're not gonna get true arctic fronts rn with massive subfreezing temps. Heck average to a degree or two below is perfect walking weather, I've heard
I'd like a frost but realistically we are probably just getting into the window for one

I'd like a frost but realistically we are probably just getting into the window for one
I agree, I'm not cutting grass but one more time, just before the first frost. I think on average it's now to the end of month for first frost, but that's average, some years sooner, some years later.

Back