• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

ensembles ended off with this with a western trough/eastern NA ridge and I wondered why View attachment 91663View attachment 91661View attachment 91665View attachment 91664View attachment 91662View attachment 91666
then I saw why lol, tropical forcing around the MC/WPAC, which is typically gives us warmer weather around this time of the year, especially as we head deeper into fall, wonder what AAM charts from the EPS/GEFS look like, pattern looks very La nina esque View attachment 91667
LA Nina esque? This has been the base state for Tropical forcing in winter since sometime in 2018. Like legit MJO.exe has stopped working kinda stuff.

ensembles ended off with this with a western trough/eastern NA ridge and I wondered why View attachment 91663View attachment 91661View attachment 91665View attachment 91664View attachment 91662View attachment 91666
then I saw why lol, tropical forcing around the MC/WPAC, which is typically gives us warmer weather around this time of the year, especially as we head deeper into fall, wonder what AAM charts from the EPS/GEFS look like, pattern looks very La nina esque View attachment 91667

This is likely tied to the very warm MC/WPAC that has dominated the last few years.

As we get closer looks like models are trying to key in on some CAD putting a wrench in some of the warmer weather mid next week .. almost looks miller B ish kind of what we went through all last winter as we approached the short range

Business really picked up on the overnight runs. Euro with a big change to the upper low. Gfs and euro now have something tropical lurking around close by as well. Should be an interesting 12z set of runs

Business really picked up on the overnight runs. Euro with a big change to the upper low. Gfs and euro now have something tropical lurking around close by as well. Should be an interesting 12z set of runs

I just hope that heat release starting around 240 don't happen. Texas to Nebraska and east to NC will be upper 80'sand 90's.

Reactions: SD
I just hope that heat release starting around 240 don't happen. Texas to Nebraska and east to NC will be upper 80'sand 90's.
to be honest it's hard to buy much on the models past days 3/4. Big abnormally strong block near Hudson Bay, recurving typhoon, potential deep trough just off the west coast, sams eventual fate in the north Atlantic, and a potential tropical system off the SE coast all are going to lead to model chaos and wild run to run swings and extreme surface looks. Enjoy the ride

Back