• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

I've been alive a decent number of years and I have been through a lot of first and 2nd year Ninas. I have never seen a blowtorch pattern set in and sustain itself nonstop from September through March. That simply isn't going to happen. But it is frustrating to go through this much of Autumn so far with dew points in the upper 60s and low 70s for most of it.
I always think about 01-02 11-12 as possibilities and concerns. Very warm winters nationwide which had a very brief cold spell in November and blowtorch after all winter. I know things will balance out. It always does. Sometimes fall gets delayed longer than normal

What's exciting about this?
Probably nothing since the gfs hates the strat pv but moving, weakening, disrupting, stretching the young pv leads to increased chances its weak in the first half of winter which increases the chances of high latitude blocking and decreases the chances of coupling a really bad pattern from the trop->strat

Probably nothing since the gfs hates the strat pv but moving, weakening, disrupting, stretching the young pv leads to increased chances its weak in the first half of winter which increases the chances of high latitude blocking and decreases the chances of coupling a really bad pattern from the trop->strat
Shane, that is out most realistic chance for us to not blowtorch early on is if the pv stays weak imo. I can now see it stretched out. So far so good I suppose

Reactions: SD
Shane, that is out most realistic chance for us to not blowtorch early on is if the pv stays weak imo. I can now see it stretched out. So far so good I suppose
Pretty much even then the pacific needs to play nice or we will be watching Portland, Seattle, Vegas take our snow

I always think about 01-02 11-12 as possibilities and concerns. Very warm winters nationwide which had a very brief cold spell in November and blowtorch after all winter. I know things will balance out. It always does. Sometimes fall gets delayed longer than normal
Those two winters are used as a analog this winter actually

Back