• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Not being a weenie here when I say there’s some decent bust potential for the 40 corridor today on temps. NE flow and nice cloud deck could trap us around 70
Even here southeast of CLT we’ve been stuck around 70 with occasional drizzle and a northeast breeze. Certainly doesn’t appear to be headed to the upper 70s

Everyone along and west of broad river in SC has underperformed on temps all week. GFS had us getting into the low to mid 80's earlier this week and we've yet to pass 74 here all week. Also have gotten a lot of rain. Close to 3" so far.
How far north of Spartanburg are you and are you considerably more elevated ? You may have mentioned before but I don’t recall.

What's the PNA doing? Are there any long range changes? I haven't seen anything on that lately...
Take what we want to see and reverse it.
Looks like the gefs goes + but that might be more related to the BN height anomalies over the SE and FL than anything else. Not really a true PNA ridge

Take what we want to see and reverse it.
Looks like the gefs goes + but that might be more related to the BN height anomalies over the SE and FL than anything else. Not really a true PNA ridge
We will know a + PNA ridge when we see it .. it’s be a nice pointy long dagger up the west coast into Alaska lol .. always nice when you see those

What's the PNA doing? Are there any long range changes? I haven't seen anything on that lately...

pna.sprd2.gif

That change on the icon with the pacific towards the end of the run sucks, pacific ridge is flatter and energy diving SE is flatter meaning something can’t dig easy in the pacific/GOA and try to ridge the westE9418DB8-B7DF-4E51-9A9C-A22066EA3274.gif

Back