• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

I live in Arab. This is the worst flooding I have ever seen in this area. We topped out right at 10 inches of rain. This is way worse than the Christmas flood. Roads and bridges are washed out but the worst is that a toddler was killed when their car was swept away. Please say a prayer for their family

Already a 30% severe for Sunday’s severe weather. Going to be interesting to see what the CAMs show when they come into range.DA8AF0B5-E8E7-46F8-B452-16779ABF5D5C.gif

Yeah the HRRR is showing some training storms around Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if there is a wedge boundary trying to set up. Despite the dewpoint being in the mid 60s, the air certainly feels a lot better this morning with a light but steady NE breeze

34 inches of rain in 24 hours breaks continental record
By Mary Gilbert, AccuWeather meteorologist
Updated Oct. 6, 2021 4:21 PM EDT

The Bormida di Spigno River in Cairo Montenotte, Liguria, Italy, rose to its banks Oct. 4 after Liguria received half a year's worth of rain in 12 hours.
Parts of northern Italy are recovering from a historic deluge earlier this week that produced a new continent-wide record for rainfall over a 12-hour period and left one city with nearly a year's worth of rainfall in one day.

Rossiglione, Italy, located in the Genoa province, found itself in the absolute worst of Monday's extreme rainfall. The city ended up with a mind-boggling 34.8 inches (883.8 mm) of rainfall over the course of 24 hours.

The annual rainfall total for the nearby city of Genoa itself tops out at just over 42 inches, which is fairly representative for the region at large, according to AccuWeather forecasters. This means that Rossiglione recorded 82.9 percent of the average rainfall that falls over the course of an entire year in the region in just 24 hours.

In order to record rainfall totals that extreme, rainfall rates have to be extraordinary, perhaps even record-breaking.

In 12 hours, from 5:40 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. local time, the city recorded a staggering 29.2 inches (740.6 mm), which broke the record for the European continent, according to climatologist Maximiliano Herrera.

"That's ridiculous rainfall," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Adam Douty said.

Not that I needed the rain but we've had well under an inch total the past few days so it's been quite underwhelming. If it's going to be cloudy and soupy it might as well rain.

34 inches of rain in 24 hours breaks continental record
By Mary Gilbert, AccuWeather meteorologist
Updated Oct. 6, 2021 4:21 PM EDT

The Bormida di Spigno River in Cairo Montenotte, Liguria, Italy, rose to its banks Oct. 4 after Liguria received half a year's worth of rain in 12 hours.
Parts of northern Italy are recovering from a historic deluge earlier this week that produced a new continent-wide record for rainfall over a 12-hour period and left one city with nearly a year's worth of rainfall in one day.

Rossiglione, Italy, located in the Genoa province, found itself in the absolute worst of Monday's extreme rainfall. The city ended up with a mind-boggling 34.8 inches (883.8 mm) of rainfall over the course of 24 hours.

The annual rainfall total for the nearby city of Genoa itself tops out at just over 42 inches, which is fairly representative for the region at large, according to AccuWeather forecasters. This means that Rossiglione recorded 82.9 percent of the average rainfall that falls over the course of an entire year in the region in just 24 hours.

In order to record rainfall totals that extreme, rainfall rates have to be extraordinary, perhaps even record-breaking.

In 12 hours, from 5:40 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. local time, the city recorded a staggering 29.2 inches (740.6 mm), which broke the record for the European continent, according to climatologist Maximiliano Herrera.

"That's ridiculous rainfall," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Adam Douty said.

Oh yet another rain bomb? You don't say. I thought AGW was a hoax.

Oh yet another rain bomb? You don't say. I thought AGW was a hoax.

Every time there is a significant weather event, you don't need to post a disclaimer about AGW. We all know your position on this. If it needs to be discussed, which is absolutely fine, let's talk about it in the GW thread, please.

Looks legit to me, not looking forward to working outside in colder weather View attachment 92232View attachment 92233

I wonder how this October compares to 2017? I remember that year being particularly warm up until the last 1/3rd of the month, then it cooled off considerably and we had a decent mountain snow the last week of the month. Flipped overnight.

Back