• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

Cant dial it up any better. Just dialed it up for the wrong month.

Sept 2020 temperatures were below average at GSO & RDU. However, all three climate sites (GSO, RDU, FAY) were ABOVE average for rainfall! #FunFact: GSO didn't reach 80° for 16 consecutive days which broke the all time record from 1962 of 15 days. #NCwx

Hour 1 of our rainfall event in Florida has me concerned. Where that yellow line of showers stretches to the West of Ft. Lauderdale is around where I'm located, and these showers are putting down an easy 1-2 inches an hour. Our forecast is for 3-6 inches through the weekend, but I have a feeling were going to achieve that today.
AMX_loop.gif

55 degrees at 11 pm, CHA airport.. how low will it go? Still kinda windy, so not prime radiational cooling just yet.. I think she bottoms out at 46. Coolest night since mid May. Mid-May had a really anomalous cool spell though..

I drove NC 158 from Elizabeth City to Reidsville yesterday. It was a nice scenic and leisurely four and a half hour drive. I got to see a lot of nice land and little towns in northern NC. Just woke up and it is quite chilly here!! Got down to 43°.

Back