• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

Atlanta has 0.99" in September this year and in 2016 they had 3.43" in September. So was it really drier in 2016 at the end of September than it is now ? This has to be one of the driest Septembers on record in Atlanta.
Why don’t you pull up the whole year. Droughts and wildfires aren’t made in a month. December 15 was very wet but I don’t think 2016 was very wet.

Edit: I looked it up. After February every month looks well below average leading up to September. Slight of 39” for the year so very dry.

Why don’t you pull up the whole year. Droughts and wildfires aren’t made in a month. December 15 was very wet but I don’t think 2016 was very wet.

Edit: I looked it up. After February every month looks well below average leading up to September. Slight of 39” for the year so very dry.
To your point, while Atlanta may have been wetter in Sep 2016 … it didn’t rain many days … pretty dry.

Attachments

• 1664514755483.png
    1664514755483.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 18
Totally bummed we will not get one drop from Ian.

I agree. In fact, my area isn't even going to end up with all that much compared to previous runs. These models didn't do so great. I saw all the "ATL is dry" posts and I figured they were kinda crazy.. but now seeing what is ultimately happening... even the Upstate will struggle at this rate.

Something should be done about the models. They are getting worse, not better. At this rate we will be back where we were in the 1970-80's before too long. Hopefully they'll be wrong again in showing not a drop of rain through mid October for many of us.

Something should be done about the models. They are getting worse, not better. At this rate we will be back where we were in the 1970-80's before too long. Hopefully they'll be wrong again in showing not a drop of rain through mid October for many of us.
I thought the Ukie and NAM did fairly well. The Euro was ok. The GFS and CMC were totally out to lunch.

In all seriousness, starting next week imby is absolute perfect fall weather! Haven’t had that much in October lately
6cacb7299ee96b38f3b43c9cd1dddfec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the Ukie and NAM did fairly well. The Euro was ok. The GFS and CMC were totally out to lunch.
It just annoys me to no end that our local Mets use the Euro religiously, even when it was abhorrently wrong. They were forecasting rain as late as yesterday when it was apparent to anyone on this board by Wednesday it was not going to rain in this area based on model accuracy.

Back