• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October 2023 Thread

Crazy change on the models n the day 8 range into the long range in the past twenty four hours.
The 0z Euro was not nearly as drastic as the 0z GFS was. It did show a bit of cool shot coming down into the Midwest but it looks like it was setting up to give more a glancing shot into the southeast. The 0z GFS is basically showing the same thing as the Euro.

The 0z Euro was not nearly as drastic as the 0z GFS was. It did show a bit of cool shot coming down into the Midwest but it looks like it was setting up to give more a glancing shot into the southeast. The 0z GFS is basically showing the same thing as the Euro.
The Euro was also about to drop the hammer and really get this thing going. 10/10-10/15 has been the time period that we have been looking at to make a flip and this is coming a bit early. It'll probably get pushed back a few days, but still good to see the models getting rid of the eastern ridge.
500h_anom.na.png

850t_anom.na.png

The Euro was also about to drop the hammer and really get this thing going. 10/10-10/15 has been the time period that we have been looking at to make a flip and this is coming a bit early. It'll probably get pushed back a few days, but still good to see the models getting rid of the eastern ridge.
500h_anom.na.png

850t_anom.na.png

Yep. I really don’t care if we stay a degree or two above average because that is still amazing weather, but I want that ridge smashed.

500h_anom.na.png

850t_anom.na.png
I agree. I think it’s headed towards a pattern that has a bunch of days of average temperatures, which in October is very nice.

lOctober 10 1979 I was living in Western Fairfax County and we had snow on the ground....lol. Up to 10 inches in the Shenandoah Valley!

Gotta love watching the Asia to North pac and train go to work and how a bomb S of the aleutians makes or breaks a big cold dump into the US

Pretty massive changes in the day 7-10 range as the overall pattern has slowed/amplified on the pacific

Back