• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October 2023 Thread

Yuck! I'll take the 60s/70s please. Actually the average high for October in NW Virginia is around 65-66. IAD is 68/44 I believe.
You’re in Myrtle Beach though… the average high there is in the 70s for most of the month

CMC has it too. haha
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_40.png
STJ getting hot

Like I mentioned yesterday, just a quick cool shot with a +pna spike
That's typically always the case in the Southeast this time of the year though. Heck, that's normally the case anytime of the year in the South.

You’re in Myrtle Beach though… the average high there is in the 70s for most of the month
Well, temporarily in Florida rn. But yeah, I think the averages are 76/54 in Myrtle. Hoping to sell properties and move back further North though.

Very interesting to see what's on the backside of the initial trough. If the pac jet doesn't accelerate and extend to break down the western ridge it'll be easy to go right into more of a classic cold season nino look with a split flow off of the west coast, jet undercutting the ridge across the southern US and the northern jet rounding the top of the ridge and diving into the eastern US. If we extend the jet it'll be easy to go warm but we could clog up the north Atlantic and try to get into a ugly -nao/-pna couple. Good times

I believe a pattern change is definitely coming. My bees have been pretty much been pretty calm for the past few weeks with all the wild flowers blooming. This morning they are different, much more vigor and I was just chased out of the bee yard. I thought it was a robbing situation, but I’m not seeing that fight, just very anxious, aggressive work while bringing in a ton of pollen.

Last night’s Euro wasn’t all that cold for all too long before the ridge is back but better than nothing I guess. Not great trends for cold but good trends for nice weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night’s Euro wasn’t all that cold for all too long before the ridge is back but better than nothing I guess. Not great trends for cold but good trends for nice weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think the looks have been that this is a fairly quick little cool spell.

Back