• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

we could as easily turn this into severe wx for the southern parts of the SE/southern plains,
But overall the + tilt isn’t to impressive for severe wx View attachment 95157

Razor thin margins pattern wise between severe weather & CAD, and it's all dependent on how fast that upper low comes out of the SW. However, a beefy -NAO like that, the timing of the upper low really may not matter a whole lot because there will be consistent confluence over New England almost regardless

My biggest question still is how this pattern progresses into December. Gut tells me the NAO breaks down by then but who knows
I don’t really worry about how the pattern looks this early as long as we aren’t torching. This time next month is when my interest really starts to peak on how the weather patterns are unfolding. By then we will start to have a better idea of how January will be looking as far as warmer or colder. I’ve had snowfall 3 Novembers in a row so I know average wise I’m unlikely to see that this season.

November 2018
4B874089-D537-45FF-88D0-DA2D5C7DFFAE.jpeg
November 2019
3090B1A4-6506-408C-8ED9-5A6FD2CA4152.jpegNovember 2020
3C21CE47-5B9C-40FA-A591-BB8BDC9A85C1.jpeg

That's like... 2 maybe 3 members at best. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything yet unless I was in the mountains or perhaps far NW piedmont
I count 6 with accumulating snow in NC and some flurry members .. it’s noise and my hopes are certainly not up as they’ll be gone next gefs run but the bigger ones did have that Miller B look as we’ve been talking about so that slight possibility is there

I would like to see if there is a tendency for a stout -NAO in November to repeat in winter months. The old saying the weather in November the winter will remember might actually happen if the block keeps coming back.

I would like to see if there is a tendency for a stout -NAO in November to repeat in winter months. The old saying the weather in November the winter will remember might actually happen if the block keeps coming back.
As much as I wish this was true I don’t believe there is any correlation between weather in November repeating over the winter months

As much as I wish this was true I don’t believe there is any correlation between weather in November repeating over the winter months
I don't believe there is too much correlation for temps but blocking might be a different story.

For October, there's no virtually no correlation between -NAO then and in winter. For November, I'd have to research it like I did for October.

Back