• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Pretty uneventful 12z guidance so far I do wonder if the euro holds its ground .. Canadian was not nearly as intense of a cold snap but dam that -NAO is truly something to behold that thing is bound to throw a wrench in model outputs the next few days .. I would say model confidence should be fairly low right now

Good god though if we can get this -NAO right now at least we know it’s still wants to show up and it’s still not dormant like it was prior to last year

Pretty strong signal for a western trough on the 12z model runs as we near Thanksgiving, but not before a massive cold shot earlier in the week in the SE US. The GEFS has been really consistent in showing a -PNA in this timeframe, I expect the ECMWF/EPS to probably follow suit. As noted earlier in the thread wrt NC winter storms during -NAO/-PNA, we're probably setting ourselves up for a big CAD/Miller B event in the final days of Nov if this trend continues.

1637082630582.png

Pretty strong signal for a western trough on the 12z model runs as we near Thanksgiving, but not before a massive cold shot earlier in the week in the SE US. The GEFS has been really consistent in showing a -PNA in this timeframe, I expect the ECMWF/EPS to probably follow suit. As noted earlier in the thread wrt NC winter storms during -NAO/-PNA, we're probably setting ourselves up for a big CAD/Miller B event in the final days of Nov if this trend continues.

View attachment 95152
Let’s just hope we can get enough cold air to actually make something happen .. worried we’re just too early to have that happen but alas we will continue to watch

Damn that -NAO stayed all the way through the Gfs .. theres going to be some wild runs in the future I bet that thing is going to have so many systems backed up

Let’s just hope we can get enough cold air to actually make something happen .. worried we’re just too early to have that happen but alas we will continue to watch

In the SE US, there's plenty of cold air to make cold air happen. The 12Z GEFS is about the coldest run yet through 240 for the E US as a whole on an HDD basis.

Back