• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

There are quite a few ways to get really warm or really cold in the 7-21 day. Watch how the western ridge/goa trough/Aleutian ridge evolve. We are likely to see the western ridge retrograde over top of the GOA trough and link with the ridge in the Aleutian. That may open the door for the vortex in East Canada/Greenland to move poleward or west itself opening the door for a round of -nao. But there will be another round of western trough in there

Before that depending on high tightly wound the vortex over the lakes and SE Canada is and what undercuts the ridge makes a big difference between low amp SE ridge, cold air, wedge in the 40s, outside snow flake chance, piedmont cutter

The west canada ridge on the gfs is problematic for a strong cold push already at least initially. Don't want to string out the vortcity like that along the US Canada border. Might get a phase though in the lee of the rockies

We live in such a great region for cold. good thing this isn’t winter or there would be a total meltdown View attachment 93685View attachment 93686View attachment 93687
While this gets us at worst case this during the day (with nighttime lows In the upper 40s) 8D484154-3FE6-4903-BFFA-954273C239A5.png
Its not that bad when you have a big area of cold that has to move out at eventually 3A6F7098-DF5A-4D93-A18A-7C6FAA53065A.png
And subsequently does CE7836DB-5DF2-42CB-AA08-76276421A5BE.jpeg

but at the end of the day there are a lottttt of moving parts here and all the possibilities are certainly on the table especially with wave lengths still short they can cause lots of variability even with ridges and blocking

I’m gonna need some new pants after that GFS run.
Even snows here at day 9. Apparently, it’s snowed in my part of New Mexico 3x during in October just since 1980, including last year where we got several inches on the 28th.

??????

View attachment 93697
just maybe the trough with the colder weather will sit up out west for u this winter webber...

I’m gonna need some new pants after that GFS run.
Even snows here at day 9. Apparently, it’s snowed in my part of New Mexico 3x during in October just since 1980, including last year where we got several inches on the 28th.

??????

View attachment 93697
Don't make me pull out the "this is Southernwx forum not desert SWwx forum" card modernweenie

Back