• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Where is this in January?

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_10.png

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_10.png
That system in the plains is set to track way north of us. Georgia is firmly in the warm sector. The cold doesn't make it very far south. The bright side is we save on natural gas usage, which is really more important these days than cold and snow. I think Maxar is going to bust big time on a colder than average November in the southeast.

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_10.png
We get lots of east-based -NAOs and cutters in January lol

That western ridge looks nice, though. The core of the cold will be in the upper Midwest and northeast. Need that Atlantic ridging more west, and then we'd be in business big time.

That western ridge looks nice, though. The core of the cold will be in the upper Midwest and northeast. Need that Atlantic ridging more west, and then we'd be in business big time.
Yes, it’s a nice look for KY if it was December through February. I’ll take 50’s at night and 70’s in the day, all day long, until December. Bring me the cold in December!

Hey not all of us live in the barren wasteland. That look scores a lot here.

That system in the plains is set to track way north of us. Georgia is firmly in the warm sector. The cold doesn't make it very far south. The bright side is we save on natural gas usage, which is really more important these days than cold and snow. I think Maxar is going to bust big time on a colder than average November in the southeast.

Maxar hasn’t forecasted a colder than average November in the SE or anywhere in the US for that matter. They do have a slightly colder than average 11/1-9 SE before warming back up as the Aleutian trough comes back to the Gulf of Alaska. They’re near normal overall for November in the SE. Near normal would be a win from my perspective. Normals for November haven’t warmed recently unlike those for winter. Regardless, models and guidance changes daily making it more fun to follow this time of year vs the doldrums of summer.

Ensembles start pumping the pac jet just a little past day 10 tho..
Eh I mean not that late ensemble images mean anything but this looks alright with me ridging somewhere around the west coast.. blocking still going strong over top and a trough somewhere in the SE ??‍♂️ I’m sure eventually things will flip flop but at this point we gotta see in in the medium range across all models 5C437D78-16DC-4AB7-8454-BA2CE2DDA478.jpeg

Maxar hasn’t forecasted a colder than average November in the SE or anywhere in the US for that matter. They do have a slightly colder than average 11/1-9 SE before warming back up as the Aleutian trough comes back to the Gulf of Alaska. They’re near normal overall for November in the SE. Near normal would be a win from my perspective. Normals for November haven’t warmed recently unlike those for winter. Regardless, models and guidance changes daily making it more fun to follow this time of year vs the doldrums of summer.
Yep which is what is what im saying above as well, with that coming back it would make it hard to get legit cold again, hopefully that day 8 trough happens

Yep which is what is what im saying above as well, with that coming back it would make it hard to get legit cold again, hopefully that day 8 trough happens
You can see The EPo beginning to reverse the PNA and crashing the party and reloading the Pacific trough just as out trough gets here.

Craptastic pattern boys.

1635262636612.png

Ensembles start pumping the pac jet just a little past day 10 tho..

I’m really not gonna put much stock in anything passed day 7 pattern wise. I’m noticing the models(especially the GFS) want to go back to La Niña climo after 270hrs or so consistently just as default.

True at least averages are still going down so if it ends up above normal it’ll probably still feel nice and not mid 80s ?

I’m really not gonna put much stock in anything passed day 7 pattern wise. I’m noticing the models(especially the GFS) want to go back to La Niña climo after 270hrs or so consistently just as default.
GFS has continued to pump the ridge in the medium and long range. Also this time yesterday every model showed a clear pattern change. This is still over a week away and model fluxes during pattern changes are usually pretty big. I bet within a day or so we go right back to seeing a east coast trough again.

Back