• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Gimme -EPO and SE Ridge. Seems like a matter of time before that pattern comes calling this winter and I’ll rake in the snow
I think that will be what we see dominate from about the 2nd or 3rd week of January on. Until then, this pattern progression screams a lot of variability with plenty of both cold and mild stretches for the east coast

The 12 z GFS says most of SC and NC do not get below freezing fight through hour 384. Also dry along I-85 in both states.
I e never seen anybody that loves fake drought and fake heat, more than this guy! Except for maybe @Fro

I think unless we get a real -epo/wpo, it will be difficult to get a major cold blast. A +pna will give you a quick cold blast and it moves out. Nothing sustainable.

SD, I have a question. If the mjo stays in phases 4-6 in winter, which are warm phases, will we want to see tremendous HLB and weaker pv or is that possible in those mjo phases?

Back