• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

If we get into a super wavy but progressive pattern we might scorch away snow pack across the conus anyway.

Looks like a decent amount of snow in Canada though on the gfs/cmc so that'll be helpful down the road
Those latitudes are getting harder to keep snowpack it seems, at least vs my earlier years. A buddy of mine in Bradford, PA told me they use to keep a snowpack there from mid Dec on through Feb. Theirs is mostly lake effect induced.

To make this relevant I don't know if it has any influence on our weather or snowstorm chances here at all. Doesn't even seem to be any correlation to things here when Siberia gets an early Nov snowpack. I just like knowing that the snowpack there can make somewhere in the N. Hemisphere have cold temps.

Those latitudes are getting harder to keep snowpack it seems, at least vs my earlier years. A buddy of mine in Bradford, PA told me they use to keep a snowpack there from mid Dec on through Feb. Theirs is mostly lake effect induced.

To make this relevant I don't know if it has any influence on our weather or snowstorm chances here at all. Doesn't even seem to be any correlation to things here when Siberia gets an early Nov snowpack. I just like knowing that the snowpack there can make somewhere in the N. Hemisphere have cold temps.

On the bright side a good chunk of Canada probably drops below freezing starting around D5/6 and stays that way through the rest of most model runs with the Yukon/Nw territories area getting really cold. I'm really watching this vortex north of Ak/Siberia

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_11 (27).png

And hoping that if it's real it doesn't just settle into AK.

Even Alaska keeps on getting warmer every year since early 80s …

The warm shot after this extended cold period will feel nice for everyone I’m sure.. but looks like there’s still big weather events to come after that warm shot another big disruption and clash between warm and cold .. those are always fun

That system moving into the WC D7/8 and the ridge flex behind it is going to give the models fits on how it digs across the conus and potentially closes off/slows. Probably going to be a lot of oh no the SE ridge complaints over the next few days along with a lot of postings of crazy cold potentially snowy runs

That system moving into the WC D7/8 and the ridge flex behind it is going to give the models fits on how it digs across the conus and potentially closes off/slows. Probably going to be a lot of oh no the SE ridge complaints over the next few days along with a lot of postings of crazy cold potentially snowy runs
So just your typical posting in the Novemburrr psyche Novemburrr psyche thread, got it. This should be a joy to watch

Henderson-Harnett gradient putting in work. 54 Henderson, 64 RDU, 70 Harnett Co

Back