• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Sometimes the cartoons are right and sometimes wrong as they are just guidance. Makes for interesting wx forecasting discussions.

I love this time of year no matter the wx! And it doesn't get much better than today in November. Plus I'm loving the chilly month. That chilly Bleakies run from a couple of weeks ago was spot on! Hoping for a brisk stroll later! Had a good one last evening.

Sometimes the cartoons are right and sometimes wrong. Makes for interesting wx forecasting discussions.

I love this time of year no matter the wx! And it doesn't get much better than today in November. Hoping for a brisk stroll later! Had a good one last evening.
Ditto and did you read my PM about the frontal passage yesterday? Fabulous ...

... and cartoons and maps are just that ... not the Gospel ... ?‍♂️

I think tomorrow we hit 50-52, the AFD mentions single digits, if winds die down, so could be around 40-45 degree range from Sunday high to Monday mornings low?

Reactions: SD
Models were in pretty good agreement on early Dec til late yesterday. Now I wonder who's gonna blink first, literally the exact opposite patterns being depicted over N America on the GEFS & EPS.

View attachment 95377

View attachment 95378

Looks like the GEFS is gonna win this battle vs the EPS (again). Hope it stays warm enough for me to play golf around Christmas

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-8662400.png

Good to see the eps at least stop the run to run lowering of heights in the pac with the 0z run but overall not a great pattern

Very ugly all around to end off the EPS, solid +AO, +NAO and just this awkward looking Canadian ridge and -PNA, then a weakening Aleutian ridge, pretty much the complete opposite of what we want snow wise AE2E2C9F-D412-4BF6-B300-7B2C75A4A07D.png

Back