• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

It really changes from week to week! 3 weeks ago, the PV was taking a beating , last week it was strengthening. Strat warming’s are really just hocus pocus for cold weenies! When they happen, MJO dominates and negates the positive effects or the cold dumps into Europe! This winter has major problems for cold and snow lovers, I believe! Myself included!
Totally agree it doesn’t look great for sustained cold or snow but strat warming isn’t malarkey there’s truth to it and we need all we can get with the luck of a La Niña year

Really quite the warming trend for Tuesday. What once seemed like a very impressive cold blast has backed off each and every run. Now just slightly BN followed by a pretty warm turkey day
Low 40s Tuesday highs and mid upper 20s for lows and turkey day stays in the 50s lol plenty cold on most models

Low 40s Tuesday highs and mid upper 20s for lows and turkey day stays in the 50s lol plenty cold on most models
Mid to upper 40s Tuesday. And pushing near 60 Thursday. Thats average to above average for thanksgiving

gfs_z500a_us_25.png
12z Wednesday
gfs_z500a_us_13.png
12z today. Clear trend here. It backed way off

I’ll be honest the CMC and GFS are deadly close to something in the medium range
Not going to be cold enough. GFS is way too warm and CMC is showing it's cold bias. Hopefully, we'll get some needed rainfall, though.

Back