• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

EPS supports the GFS on getting cold in here much faster. Warmest days are just a couple of days in the mid 60's before the real cold dives south. Even on the warmest days the EPS is till a good 5-7 degrees cooler than the Euro in most places in the southeast.

EPS supports the GFS on getting cold in here much faster. Warmest days are just a couple of days in the mid 60's before the real cold dives south. Even on the warmest days the EPS is till a good 5-7 degrees cooler than the Euro in most places in the southeast.
The trend has not been your friend on any of the major ensemble suites. Both the gefs and eps have been delaying the cold shot over the last few days. Odds are it still gets here but I’m not buying how fast it is on the GFS. We’ll see what the next few runs show

The trend has not been your friend on any of the major ensemble suites. Both the gefs and eps have been delaying the cold shot over the last few days. Odds are it still gets here but I’m not buying how fast it is on the GFS. We’ll see what the next few runs show
Yeo that EPS trend the last 2 days is obvious, I remember when models had just a EC cold shot now it’s back in the central US first

Yeo that EPS trend the last 2 days is obvious, I remember when models had just a EC cold shot now it’s back in the central US first
Its almost exactly the vibe of that big cold shot in February and the SER decided to flare its muscles at the exact same time … except this time around that ridge looks fairly deflated if it were to show up and very progressive .. I think it’s safe to say this cold shot WILL make it through at some point I don’t expect to see much more delaying than what’s been shown already

Expect to see that trend most winter be honest. Models are having hard time with the strength of the La Niña. Seems be underestimating it….

Its almost exactly the vibe of that big cold shot in February and the SER decided to flare its muscles at the exact same time … except this time around that ridge looks fairly deflated if it were to show up and very progressive .. I think it’s safe to say this cold shot WILL make it through at some point I don’t expect to see much more delaying than what’s been shown already
Yeah the biggest difference between now and February is the MJO. Back in February, it moved into an unfavorable phase that promoted a strong SER, now it’s going into a favorable phase for early November which should keep any ridging fairly progressive

GFS slowed by a day. Pumped the ridge out ahead. Temps in the upper 60's and lower 70's before the front clears.

GFS slowed by a day. Pumped the ridge out ahead. Temps in the upper 60's and lower 70's before the front clears.

I already see where this is going. What we are seeing right now with the models delaying the cold is giving me February flashbacks. The cold front keeps getting delayed until ether doesn't pass the mountains at all or so weak that we are looking only slightly below average temperatures for 1-2 days before warming up again after the front passes instead of actual cold. Not at all good for people east of the Appalachians if you want arctic cold.

I already see where this is going. What we are seeing right now with the models delaying the cold is giving me February flashbacks. The cold front keeps getting delayed until ether doesn't pass the mountains at all or so weak that we are looking only slightly below average temperatures for 1-2 days before warming up again after the front passes instead of actual cold. Not at all good for people east of the Appalachians if you want arctic cold.
Stop being so negative !

Much more cold air to work with this run but it’s still showing up in medium range if the cold was denied past 240 at any point now that would be an actual model delay of cold air where I would start being worried about it being a mirage but this is not that BF41855E-9E53-4DEE-B290-9EC44E1EB85F.jpeg47F82F52-4D84-4363-AC30-ADE49FA3AB1D.jpeg

Back