• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

It is interesting how the models keep trending slowly to the west with each run but then also intensify the cold once it finally comes. This delay from run to run is quite possibly due to the convective forcing from near record very warm W Pacific/Maritime Continent anomalies and the inherent biases of models being slowly corrected with each run from a pro met I’ve talked to. It does remind me of Feb of 2021.

The tropical W Pacific is definitely on fire right now. We all know what that means!

An all you can eat buffet of SE ridge!

1635367979136.png

To pour even more salt on the wounds, here's the last 4 days of 12z EPS runs.

Lol

View attachment 93816
This would hurt if we were actually going above normal and miss the cold completely .. instead we stay average with cool nights before the cold eventually makes it here ??‍♂️ If anything it’s more of a trend for the whole US to get in on the action

I mean, I wouldn't rule that out just yet.
You’re right I’ll give it a 2% chance that cold air won’t hit us at all. At the end of the day this pattern is transient so any “warm up” or “cool down” won’t last too long and instead they’ll go back and forth as they have been but I don’t see many scenarios that big ole lump of cold misses us completely. Probably first freeze potential with it

You’re right I’ll give it a 2% chance that cold air won’t hit us at all. At the end of the day this pattern is transient so any “warm up” or “cool down” won’t last too long and instead they’ll go back and forth as they have been but I don’t see many scenarios that big ole lump of cold misses us completely. Probably first freeze potential with it
I remember we was saying the same thing back in February ? it didn’t even get below freezing here with that when there was precip

I remember we was saying the same thing back in February ? it didn’t even get below freezing here with that when there was precip
The true definition of fire and ice … the only time all winter the SER wanted to flex like that .. maybe the cold shot was so amplified it really sparked the SER .. i dont know us Cold lovers shake at night thinking about that cruel week

If that energy entering the plains doesn’t get crushed, we might see our first modeled snow outside the mountains A32FDD56-C5B8-42BE-929F-6D95DBF51860.pngEAC8F5EA-0994-4057-A3A6-4DAE7603BDC4.png

Back