• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

12z GFS has cold chasing the precip, we know how that usually works out, but still interesting to look at.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

Tbh the 18z GFS looks like a Miller A. The problem is...it's November and not January. (and also caveats about the GFS)

(and I'm not saying it as a weenie because that really isn't the spot that I'd want but if that kind of storm were to appear in January? There'd be snow from it)

Looks like I will see some snow showers on Fri. It may not stick but it will be fun to see. I've never seen accumulating snow in November.

These just look like frontal passages that usher in colder air behind each one!? Warm up rain, then cold dry, rinse repeat. I mean Boone might score an inch or two, no need to get excited

fv3p_asnow_eus_26.png
FV3 little better
Mountains should do well. Especially Beech and Sugar. Cataloochie should see some flakes fly as well. Might be able to sneak some snow over the mountains for a few of those cities further east. Cold chasing moisture just isn’t an ideal setup for folks to the east. Still a good ways out though. Might I add, Asheville usually sees some snow in this type of setup. It won’t surprise me

Last edited:
Mountains should do well. Especially Beech and Sugar. Cataloochie should see some flakes fly as well. Might be able to sneak some snow over the mountains for a few of those cities further east. Cold chasing moisture just isn’t an ideal setup for folks to the east. Still a good ways out though
Nothing major, and it's only November, but just to see some potential this early for the southern mountains gets me excited. Plus there could be some light snow in parts of north Bama as well if there is left over moisture. I'm ready for the real deal.

Looks like Phils old stomping grounds in Northern Indiana could get dumped on.
Stomping grounds are and have always really been north FL (with lots of diversion on the App Trail and in NE Ga and W NC) ... LOL ... That South Bend, Indiana thing was just college and a 1st "real" 2 year job upon graduation (title abstractor) ... skeedaddled back to familiar accents as soon as MBA and law school said "Come back, Boy" ... :cool:

Back