• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

Hey I'm a newbie here on this site even though I mostly read what all the members post on here... But if it does snow here in the south this early does that mean we will have a snowy winter this year?
Honestly, there are more members on this board who is well and above more educated than I am for this up coming winter, they will be able to answer your question . Personaly, I'm hoping for a great winter all around with the current El NINO

Hey I'm a newbie here on this site even though I mostly read what all the members post on here... But if it does snow here in the south this early does that mean we will have a snowy winter this year?
Welcome to the board

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

Quick answer is no. But we ALL wish it was yes.and welcome to the party, you made it just in time for the fun and games.

Quick answer is no. But we ALL wish it was yes.and welcome to the party, you made it just in time for the fun and games.
It could be snowy for us southerner, if we get more than one winterstorm. Last year I got 3 snows in a neutral year, so to me in southwest Alabama that's snowy

I did some research the other day for here in Birmingham & winter of 09-10 there were 7 events of snow reported at the airport. I worked out there at the time & I rememer that year it was awsome.

There's some eps members that show a nice snow as well. The main run puts a nice stripe through here of a dusting while some members have up to half an inch or more. Mountains and further north having an inch or two on one I saw.
Can you post them?

Thanks man I just hope in pray we have a better year than last year.. I think I may have seen 2 inches total of snow all season last year winter season...

Back