• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

I'm to the point where whatever my forecast low is, I add a 2-3 degrees to my expectations. Thankfully though that doesn't seem to apply to when there's a winter storm. NWS seems to get pretty darn close to the surface temp during a storm. Odd, but my observation. No idea why the distinction.
Yeah, GSP seems normally does really well with temperatures in my location which is what makes the last couple mornings surprising. This morning it made a little more since because the clouds moved a while earlier than expected which held temps up, but yesterday morning they had gone a good 5 degrees or so below the coldest guidance (I’m at the point of not ever considering temperatures on the CMC with how bad it’s cold bias is).

25-16-26 last 3 nights here, last night would've been colder but it was 25 at 11:30 pm, then temps rose to 29 by midnight, actually rose to 34 by 4 am before crashing back to 27 just before sunrise (felt a little breeze this morning I guess that kept temps in check last night). Times are boring when I can give that much pbp on overnight temps Lol

Back