• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

16.3, When you have a cold air mass in place., and optimal radiation like last night. Models are always way off with low temps
Update: dropped .3 more before the sun came up, 16 on the nose lol. Mid teens in November with no snow on the ground is dang impressive, heck mid teens of late any month is impressive

The low at my house this morning was 22.1 degrees. It was a hard freeze and was close to what the old timers around here used to call hog killing weather. Farmers used to kill and process pigs on cold days like this.
We’re taking a couple hogs to Sumter this morning for processing. Fitting

Day 4 with ice on the cars here but that should end tomorrow with rain moving in... Not as much snow north of here this time

Bottomed out at 29 here… GSP was 5 degrees to cold yesterday morning and 6 degrees to cold this morning

I'm to the point where whatever my forecast low is, I add a 2-3 degrees to my expectations. Thankfully though that doesn't seem to apply to when there's a winter storm. NWS seems to get pretty darn close to the surface temp during a storm. Odd, but my observation. No idea why the distinction.

Back