• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

HRRR is finally picking up on the fact that there won't be any organized line of storms until later in the day, way east. This was a non event for our area. Hopefully areas closer to Chattanooga were able to get some rain. I'm just so disgusted with our local mets and weather service. The audacity to forecast 1 to 2" of rain when not one single model was showing that. The RAP last night depicted what happened perfectly.

View attachment 138087
I’m up to .2” now so it is my best rain in a couple months.

I’m up to .2” now so it is my best rain in a couple months.
My physical gauge says .35", which is surprising to me as its all been light to moderate showers today. I've had .8" this month prior, and 1.8" last month, so areas north and west need it far more.

My physical gauge says .35", which is surprising to me as its all been light to moderate showers today. I've had .8" this month prior, and 1.8" last month, so areas north and west need it far more.
It’s been bone dry but it’s even worse to my NW so I’m glad to see Chattanooga and NE Bama getting hit. It does suck that my swamp is dry right when duck season opens.

.35 here with a little more coming over the next couple of hours. There are signs that a band of heavier rain forming in AL that might come up this way later. If this does not happen we will end this with under .50 with little to no rain for at least 10 days if not more.

HRRR is finally picking up on the fact that there won't be any organized line of storms until later in the day, way east. This was a non event for our area. Hopefully areas closer to Chattanooga were able to get some rain. I'm just so disgusted with our local mets and weather service. The audacity to forecast 1 to 2" of rain when not one single model was showing that. The RAP last night depicted what happened perfectly.

View attachment 138087
Line is starting to build to our west. Hoping we can get a quick 0.25” if the intensity is there ?

We've had 0.37" of rain so far. Here comes a little more. I'm calling a total of around 1.25" and that's being generous.

1d939fda-013d-4e08-8401-040c8c6a742b.gif

Last night was and stormy night for me, it rain for several hours and on the way from work this morning I couldn’t see in front of me. The rain was so heavy and winds, definitely an overachiever for my area.

Back