• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

Watch for a Rogue flake above 3000 ft tomorrow SW NC. Novelty as 540 cool pool washes out overhead passing by.

Then all eyes turn to next Tuesday through the end of the week. Find some SS energy and its not a stretch to score. All 3 Ops have cold air and the GFS has some energy cutting underneath us on Tues, while the Euro has it Thursday. Canadian is stupid cold late next week at least above our heads.

prateptype-imp.conus.png
Until the Canadian is right, I have to dismiss these cold runs it’s spitting out in the 8-10 day range to be outliers. Remember, last week at this time it was saying a very cold Thanksgiving and then just the other day it was saying full on Arctic blast coming out of Thanksgiving weekend.

Until the Canadian is right, I have to dismiss these cold runs it’s spitting out in the 8-10 day range to be outliers. Remember, last week at this time it was saying a very cold Thanksgiving and then just the other day it was saying full on Arctic blast coming out of Thanksgiving weekend.
The truth is these models really just suck. We don’t know what’s gonna happen till it’s here.

Unless something changes this system is not dropping 2+ amounts anywhere and many of us may get .50 or less. The GFS says this is it for the next 2 weeks as well. Hopefully we get a real pattern change soon.

Wedge has locked in here solid now. Will be stuck in mid 40s remainder of daylight part of the day guessing we get a windshift at the surface latter this evening, then back to NW wind sunrise early morning Wed

Yea I agree. But all 3 give a nice slap of canadian air in here middle next week. I just posted the most sexy looking one for reference. Nice blocking does the trick.

Unless something changes this system is not dropping 2+ amounts anywhere and many of us may get .50 or less. The GFS says this is it for the next 2 weeks as well. Hopefully we get a real pattern change soon.
Sounds like a strong el nino is underway, which is supposed to produce a blowtorch December and a very active STJ with lots of rain. ?

Ill take the over 1.0 here at our local. Nice soaker so far. Like yall, ground is hard as asphalt. So we need duration, not gully washer prefearably.

Lots of 33-35 degree temps on the northern Blue Ridge west of IAD with rain falling. Mostly between 1500 and 2400' asl out there. Those neighborhoods from Mount Weather/Bluemont to Blue Mountain to Linden.

North of you i think there will be 2+ totals in parts of NC/VA/WV

Ill take the over 1.0 here at our local. Nice soaker so far. Like yall, ground is hard as asphalt. So we need duration, not gully washer prefearably.
You are in a nice spot for this. Central NC into VA should do well with this as the low cranks up later. Not so much for much of northern GA into upstate SC.

Reactions: WSW
HRRR is finally picking up on the fact that there won't be any organized line of storms until later in the day, way east. This was a non event for our area. Hopefully areas closer to Chattanooga were able to get some rain. I'm just so disgusted with our local mets and weather service. The audacity to forecast 1 to 2" of rain when not one single model was showing that. The RAP last night depicted what happened perfectly.

1700586581687.png

HRRR is finally picking up on the fact that there won't be any organized line of storms until later in the day, way east. This was a non event for our area. Hopefully areas closer to Chattanooga were able to get some rain. I'm just so disgusted with our local mets and weather service. The audacity to forecast 1 to 2" of rain when not one single model was showing that. The RAP last night depicted what happened perfectly.

View attachment 138087
What RAP song were you listening to?

Back