• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

1700065335159.png
06z GFS
1700065370988.png
New 12z run
Huge change, probably going to see some flip flopping like this as some of the gfs ensemble members having been showing both solutions. Either way, a rain maker that could potentially bring some really beneficial numbers in. Something also to watch for how much this system digs as we we could establish some solid cold air from Thanksgiving and on.

View attachment 137961
06z GFS
View attachment 137962
New 12z run
Huge change, probably going to see some flip flopping like this as some of the gfs ensemble members having been showing both solutions. Either way, a rain maker that could potentially bring some really beneficial numbers in. Something also to watch for how much this system digs as we we could establish some solid cold air from Thanksgiving and on.
That might also lead to some severe weather ahead of the cold front. Also, the 12z CMC does put freezing temperatures down to the western Florida panhandle on Thanksgiving morning while the GFS continues to show more of a glancing shot of cold for the southeast with temperatures about 10 degrees warmer than the CMC.

Too bad we aren't deeper in the heart of the cold season the later hours of the 12z gfs would have this place buzzing with a pretty decent cold nino look. Weak SER reflection at H5, cold highs stretched across the northern tier and weak impulses moving from Nola to CHS

We certainly need the rain in the Southeast and this Thanksgiving Eve-Thanksgiving system is poised to deliver the goods for many of us. It would be nice if the cold air push would arrive quicker and deeper than modeled. Next Wednesday happens to be my birthday and even seeing some token flakes would be a win for me. There has never been any measurable snow reported in the RDU area recorded on that calendar day. I'd love to see that happen!

Reactions: WSW
gfs_asnowd_seus_65.png

Are we wasting a good one in December if so?
It depends on how far south you might be. It's so hard to score in the deep south, but those along the I-85 corridor can certainly score in December. I'd rather get on the scoreboard early and gamble with house money the rest of the winter.

It depends on how far south you might be. It's so hard to score in the deep south, but those along the I-85 corridor can certainly score in December. I'd rather get on the scoreboard early and gamble with house money the rest of the winter.
Let's not forget the deep south had a major snowstorm (8-12") in some areas in early December 2017.

Back