• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
0z gfs even more suppressed. Euro will always be king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temps here haven’t dropped in two hours, looks like the forecasts are to low. This cold is a very slow bleed.

Isn't suppression our friend this far out? :p
I think the general rule is that suppression is our friend if’s there’s snow somewhere in the Southeast. If it’s bone dry, the wave probably isn’t coming back (except is rare cases). I still haven’t been able to let this one go.

I seem to remember last year during the big storm it was like meh so maybe

I will say there's a TV met here who loves to hype the snow and he's said basically nothing here. On the news tonight even showed one of the no snow models ? something is off

Also my totals on the GEFS have definitely gone the wrong way

I will say there's a TV met here who loves to hype the snow and he's said basically nothing here. On the news tonight even showed one of the no snow models ? something is off

Also my totals on the GEFS have definitely gone the wrong way
I thought Eiro looked good tonigh for you also??

I think the general rule is that suppression is our friend if’s there’s snow somewhere in the Southeast. If it’s bone dry, the wave probably isn’t coming back (except is rare cases). I still haven’t been able to let this one go.
I think the key here now is that there is still a system, but of course the moisture is staying suppressed. This is one of those set ups that could see a lot of changes in the last 24-48 hours leading up. Heck the 11/2000 storm that has been referenced was only forecasted to be a small chance of drizzle in my area 48 hours out as most of the moisture was expected well south and east, instead the moisture way overperformed on to the north and west and gave 3” of snow.

I think the key here now is that there is still a system, but of course the moisture is staying suppressed. This is one of those set ups that could see a lot of changes in the last 24-48 hours leading up. Heck the 11/2000 storm that has been referenced was only forecasted to be a small chance of drizzle in my area 48 hours out as most of the moisture was expected well south and east, instead the moisture way overperformed on to the north and west and gave 3” of snow.
Another big thing is going to be some front end FGEN similar to the storm from January. There likely will be more moisture and front end thump of some kind if we can maintain the S/W. At this point, cold and suppressed is good as long as we can keep the storm. I still wouldn’t expect anything more than a few hours of snow that may cover the grass before melting but that’s great for November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back