• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You act like a southerner when it comes to snow. Do most people in Iowa get excited as you do ?
They hate snow up here! Just like they would hate heat if they lived down South! I get excited about every clipper, the first flakes I see fall every winter, which looks like will happen in the next hour! And I track every storm on the models, just like when I was in SC
Currently 33/drizzle

Long range GFS but it's interesting that, despite multiple cold pushes, the freezing mark never makes it east of the apps. I don't really buy that, but then again, that's kinda happened with the upcoming front; I'm only supposed to be below freezing once.

gfs_T2m_us_9.png

This is the most eastward push of any of them

gfs_T2m_us_13.png

gfs_T2m_us_25.png

gfs_T2m_us_29.png

gfs_T2m_us_37.png

I love those mountains, but man they really make it tough for a lot of us to get cold!

Long range GFS but it's interesting that, despite multiple cold pushes, the freezing mark never makes it east of the apps. I don't really buy that, but then again, that's kinda happened with the upcoming front; I'm only supposed to be below freezing once.

gfs_T2m_us_9.png

gfs_T2m_us_13.png

gfs_T2m_us_25.png

gfs_T2m_us_29.png

gfs_T2m_us_37.png

I love those mountains, but man they really make it tough for a lot of us to get cold!
GFS is holding a lot of the cold back west but it is on its own with that look. EURO/CMC/GEFS/EPS all have several pushes of cold air with highs in the 40's and low 50's and lows in the 20's and 30's.

gfs_T2m_us_9.png

gfs_T2m_us_13.png

gfs_T2m_us_25.png

gfs_T2m_us_29.png

gfs_T2m_us_37.png

I totally buy it. Trough axys stays over the center of the country. Cold shots sink south through the plains and retreat northeast. Very typical pattern of winters of late. So, I buy it from what the model is showing. Is it correct? It fits the trend as i noted above, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back