• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Yeah at the end of the run it looked like it was headed East as 850s were well below freezing and temps were in the upper 30s/low 40s, we need precip to happen at night to help our chances further East, but for areas further west it looks better

A thing of that intensity isn't just going to go away that fast either if it verifies. Just need some cold air and we'll see something.

I mean just to put into perspective how absolutely insane a ridge like that up there is, 588 decameter 500mb heights are normal for the middle of summer in the SE US.

1606328627643.png

Need that over AK to tap into that Siberian air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A block over W Canada/+PNA tele-connects with a trough over the SE US. Thus the SER is kept away and the SE gets cold. But a block/ridge too far west, like over Alaska, may allow the SER to take over via a -PNA/La Nina pattern and it thus be warm/not allow any Siberian air to get here. Instead the Siberian air concentrates well to our NW.

I'd take a W Canadian block any day if I wanted it to get cold in the SE. You don't need Siberian air for it to get cold in the SE.

Back