• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Couple of pictures this morning. Some melt coming from under due to warmer ground. But measured between 3-4” across the yard and deck. My snow board suffered from the wind. :(

I’m going to call it a 3.5inch snow! Biggest since January 2018 for me.

it’s currently 26 with winds gusting above 20. Brutal.
B81EC58D-2F56-4BD6-B478-27BB1117858E.jpegE6205BDC-6AF2-4A3B-891D-14EE10356B41.jpeg

Still snowing northern mtns. Should wind down throughout late afternoon. Amazing micro climates on these flow snows. Like lake effect, need a certaing angle with the wind makes all difference in world. Like 335 heading for Boone. Neat stuff
Yep. Just had an impressive squall roll through here. Whiteout conditions for a while.

In Jasper, GA (in town) I suppose this is a very light dusting. Have not been gone up to the mountain yet, but will try later this morning. Nice to get something, but honestly was hoping for more. Congrats to the winners out there and for those with nothing, I know all too well the pain ... the season is young.

Snow is like money ... "How much is enough? Just a little bit more" John D. Rockefeller

12-1.jpg

Idk. This looks good for several more hours.View attachment 54920

Can confirm. Here in Erwin I shoveled two tire tracks in our driveway. which are now snow covered again. It comes and goes in showers but everything is sticking. Amazing how much difference a few degrees in temperature makes. 26.8 now.

Pretty surprised Maggie Valley was able to sneak 3” out of this one.

This was a very impressive event all around. And I'm shocked to say it but the 3km NAM was consistently too dry or warm (probably both) outside 30 hrs. and even inside it had some random really dry runs. They did update it sometime in the last year so maybe things have changed? Inside 30hrs though it was mostly right on.

It seems like the HRRR has a boundary layer issue as yesterday it consistently leaned too warm and constantly had to correct for my elevation. It originally had my changeover very late compared to others around 7-8pm. But we changed at 4pm although good rates didn't move in until 6.

WRF models and RGEM did great for my area actually. Even at range. As did ICON.

Last year I am not sure I even had one NW flow event live up to the modeled QPF. This one did for sure.

Back