• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Well this event blew my expectations away by a mile. It probably snowed here for 3-4 hours, varying between light flurries and a snow shower. We got a legit dusting, as all the cars and roof is now white. Never would have guessed accumulations as I wasn’t expecting much more than flurries. I’m 25 minutes NW of ATL so this is a big win. First time I’ve ever had measurable snowfall in November!

Well this event blew my expectations away by a mile. It probably snowed here for 3-4 hours, varying between light flurries and a snow shower. We got a legit dusting, as all the cars and roof is now white. Never would have guessed accumulations as I wasn’t expecting much more than flurries. I’m 25 minutes NW of ATL so this is a big win. First time I’ve ever had measurable snowfall in November!

Cheers, same and it's pretty awesome. I'm right near you it seems

I thought we were done with snow, but I was wrong. Noticed some light returns on radar nearby and looked outside to see it snowing again. Actually trying to accumulate too.
Was just going to head off to bed, but now I think I will stay up another 30-60 minutes. Slightly heavier returns are slowly trying to translate northeastward in my direction. Interested to see what will happen. I don’t think any model had any snow lasting into this hour.

In case anyone missed it, lake effect snow in Alabama

Here's 850mb temps valid around the time this lake effect snow band was ongoing. Pretty close to that -10C magic number I discussed here a few days ago, and notice the profile is basically absolutely unstable all the way to the dendritic growth zone (DGZ)

1606812763998.png

1606812887548.png

Back