• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 16 wintry weather threat

Ok wintry chances going up for many now. Georgia and most of Carolinas will “likely” see sleet/rain mix.

Last edited:
air below 10,000 ft is very dry. (See sleet reports breaking out to our south-west per NWS Birmingham).

This forecast is for everyone tonight into tomorrow, expect either precip to not hit the ground or SLEET per ground truth to the south-west. Until the air below 10,000 ft warms enough for all rain which will vary on location and precip rates if any.

Not November 16th but if you wanna change the dates of thread I expect a lot of sleet reports

GSP also added snow tonight for their northern mtns

Yeah I saw that too bad I can't find soundings
Would be interesting to see what the 3k NAM showed if it actually got any precip back here.

Would be interesting to see what the 3k NAM showed if it actually got any precip back here.
Yeah just pulled a sounding from the 3k when the 12k has the sleet bomb and its not horrible. At or below freezing from probably 850-surface with a warm nose just above that. Certainly supports the 12k idea of if we get precip during that period it might be frozen

Be happy to sell you some...
Just remember that any business ventures, the closing of deals or profits earned from use of this forum will result in 15% royalties to each and every Southernwx.com staff member. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah just pulled a sounding from the 3k when the 12k has the sleet bomb and its not horrible. At or below freezing from probably 850-surface with a warm nose just above that. Certainly supports the 12k idea of if we get precip during that period it might be frozen
Well I'd wager the precip does end up more NW then what is being advertised, been a NW trend with Euro and seems to always be the case with coastals. Who knows

Hey Brick! You are back! @SoutheastRidge and I were finding you!
Anyways, looks like the main idea is going to be temps in the teens. But @SD said that she anticipates a heavy sleet event. Will this mean outages? Or this will fizzle out to be a mainly rain event?

Anyways, looks like the main idea is going to be temps in the teens. But @SD said that she anticipates a heavy sleet event. Will this mean outages? Or this will fizzle out to be a mainly rain event?
Some huh?

#1 I'm a he
#2 temps aren't going to be in the teens, 34-38 looks more realistic
#3 I'm not expecting heavy sleet even if we did get heavy sleet it wouldn't cause power issues
#4 expect rain and take any frozen as a victory

#1 I'm a he
#2 temps aren't going to be in the teens
#3 I'm not expecting heavy sleet even if we did get heavy sleet it wouldn't cause power issues
Ok, My bad...
And what does take any frozen as a victory mean? Freezing rain?

#1 I'm a he
#2 temps aren't going to be in the teens, 34-38 looks more realistic
I'm gonna need some clarity

Yellow returns showing up now wouldn’t be surprised to hear of some pockets of sleet near Matthews then further east into the lower Piedmont

Back