• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

FWIW MBY gets Nam'd in Alamance county including the NW triangle. There is still a chance for some anafront flurries.
1573581600-peIa1jCe5HM.png
1573592400-HTD1Q7WagFM.png
1573603200-7EuvvQMs2TI.png

SREF (Nam Ensembles) have a few members for (GSO)
1573290000-glj5Od9qXKQ.png

60s/40s and 50s after next Wednesday, for the next 10+ days! Our chance for BN November, is disappearing quickly

This isn't going to be the coldest pattern in the world by any means as North America becomes flooded w/ mild, Pacific air but I'll certainly take it.

Classic +PNA
View attachment 25685
It does seem like we have a ways to go after this cold blast next week. Hopefully we will get in a more favorable pattern for winter weather in the mid south and south east. :)

Last edited:
Need to move further from the city! I’ve checked 10 Wunderground stations around here to verify and they all have a reading of at least 30 degrees sometime last night early this morning
I know! It's my wife! I've wanted to buy some property in Northern Greenville County for years - my temps would be 10 degrees cooler!
I plan to get my Vantage Vue connected to the internet soon - I have a 2m pole away from structures/roads

60s/40s and 50s after next Wednesday, for the next 10+ days! Our chance for BN November, is disappearing quickly
Still looks like November will be mostly below normal .. near the end could have some above average days but definitely going to finish November below average

It’s like a hot pacific burp flooding North America. Looking at 2m anoms, the SE stays relatively normal compared to the rest of the country. I doubt it’s enough to take us AN. December though, that’s a whole different beast! +8 or bust!

It does seem like we have a ways to go after this cold blast next week. Hopefully we will get in a more favorable pattern for winter weather in the mid south and south east. :)
December going torch afraid ... from what s goin on pacific region ... a lot to workout... but think mid January into February we can score

Reason for that little area of snow in NC on the NAM is actually because weak overrunning occurs, NAM has been trending to consolidating some energy on the base of the trough around the Florida panhandle/AL/GA and has been strengthening it at 500/700mb, which makes sense, this forms a area of moisture that runs into a colder airmass, not likely gonna see much changes but if it could trend a bit stronger, it could develop a bit of a weak wave with heavier rates, or if it can slow down just a little bit it would have a better shot at running into artic air 852547AB-83F1-4695-8A21-553A0261FC67.gifCD616F7E-D847-4CE4-A5E3-9A8656C9F1D2.gifEA958D78-7DBB-4269-9B0E-54F8F353284A.gif

FWIW and maybe not much, but cmc has trended little bit healthier with the moisture and snow line has shifted south a bit. I would say that a mixture at best, but nothing significant. Euro had this look last night as well.
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_12.png

Back