• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Year's Week Severe Threat(s)

18z nam and gfs are both a 2 wave event the Tuesday portion has much more backing in the low levels but lacks a little on the instability side and may have an inversion across parts of Al/GA. Wednesday looks much better with sb instability but the wind field gets a little more unidirectional but still slightly backed at the sfc

Locally I think this could be a formidable wind event but I'm not entirely sold on that. We could easily just see a slow moving training line
Timing looks right for much of NC and SC right now to have at least a wind threat with this. No real sign of CAD with this either, but that could obviously change.

Zander had a valid point. Yes he may be extreme with some of his outlooks and terminology, but the point he was making is that if whatever is being discussed doesn’t involve the Carolina’s it gets crapped on by a lot of people and discredited. Move this to banter if you feel it is necessary but this is SOUTHERNwx not just CAROLINAwx.
He’s back…

Come on dude, he quit like a little kid because he didn't like ?
Check out the reactions in this thread. I love this site. I visit everyday. Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia have much different weather than than the Carolinas on any given system. He wasn’t wrong on this system for his area.

Back