• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

LickWx

Reaction score
Last 10 years November has trended mostly cooler across our region! However as we all know that doesn’t always portend to colder winters . Hence the name naughty November , she teases but leaves us right when we need her .

gfs_T2m_us_63.png

I’d rather it be warmer in November and even December. It seems I remember many winters that were good starting off warmer or normal that ended up being colder and snowier when it really mattered. It could just be because colder early just hasn’t panned out the last few winters though. I really try not to get to excited for snow until at least mid December anyways since we rarely get more than a dusting before January first.

I’d rather it be warmer in November and even December. It seems I remember many winters that were good starting off warmer or normal that ended up being colder and snowier when it really mattered. It could just be because colder early just hasn’t panned out the last few winters though. I really try not to get to excited for snow until at least mid December anyways since we rarely get more than a dusting before January first.
Same here, I gave up on the winter of 2015, end of February and all the storms went just to our north. Then out of nowhere February 25th snow of 7 inches and a March snow/sleet of about 3 inches. Don’t want to wait that long but yea, cold November’s have been horrible here.?

Honestly i would rather it be cold in Dec than Jan. For one, it makes the Christmas season actually feel like Christmas. I find January cold more depressing because by then the holidays are over and it's just not as fun. Plus the sun angle is lower in Dec. So I would rather have cold and snow in Dec. And honestly most places in the south don't average much more snow in Jan than Dec. Maybe an inch or two more in Jan at the most. Atl averages 1.3 in Jan and 0.4 in Dec, so basically the same.

I mean I expect to see AN heights over us 95% of the time! But to see the whole country fail like that has to be rare. Hope this isn't another 11-12 repeat. But if it is at least the whole country will share in our misery.
It's all setting up the great reversal!!

Back